01 of 06
Disney's Hollywood Studios' "Reel-Life" Adventures
Disney's Hollywood Studios (originally known as Disney-MGM Studios) showcases the glitz, glamour and excitement of movie-making. Over the years, the park has expanded to nearly twice its original size and now features more shows and "reel-life" adventures that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
Attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios incorporate a wide variety of film-making technologies that have been refined by Disney — including Animation, 3-D and Circle Vision 360. Live shows and parades showcase star-quality talent and stunt prowess, turning them into exciting and entertaining productions; and, thrill-seekers can find their own adventures in a one-of-a-kind coaster or drop tower ride.
While it's nearly impossible to see all the attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios in one day, you'll want to make sure your plans include at least one or more of the following top five can't-miss attractions.Continue to 2 of 6 below.
02 of 06
Toy Story Mania!
Toy Story Mania! is one of Disney World's most popular rides. Inspired by the Disney·Pixar films "Toy Story," Toy Story 2" and "Toy Story 3," the attraction is set amid the "Midway Games Play Set" Andy got for his birthday. Guests become toy-sized and immerse themselves in high-energy interactive 3-D carnival gameplay, spinning from game to game competing with fellow guests for the highest score.
Since opening in 2008, Toy Story Mania! has earned an unfortunate reputation for extremely long lines that often leads to hours-long waits. While it is a FastPass+ attraction, those tickets are limited and the limit is often reached just minutes after the park's opening. Still, the ride is well worth the wait, even if you only get to experience it once.
Toy Story Mania! Tips
Continue to 3 of 6 below.
- Have someone in your party run with all of your party's admission tickets to the FastPass+ machine located adjacent to the attraction just as soon as you enter the park. Once... you find out what time you are due to ride the attraction, you can plan the rest of your day.
- Although this is a family attraction with no height or age restrictions, the ride is probably not suitable for babies (there is no lap seating) or children small enough to topple over during the spins. Families with infants or toddlers can take advantage of Disney's Rider Switch Program that will keep them from spending too much time in this popular ride's line.
- Toy Story Mania! is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair-bound can either stay in their wheelchair and be wheeled onto a carnival tram vehicle or step in.
03 of 06
The American Idol Experience
Lights, cameras, action! Disney's American Idol Experience has it all... just like the televised version of "American Idol." Guests visiting Disney's Hollywood Studios can audition for a chance to perform before a live audience and win a "Dream Ticket" that will propel them to the front of a regional American Idol audition line.
Audience members are prepped by an enthusiastic stage manager, seated in the air-conditioned auditorium amid a realistic reproduction of the "American Idol" set, treated to the contestants' talented performances and vote for a winner via a keypad.
If you've ever wanted to see a real Hollywood television set or learn how a television production is put together... this is your chance!
The American Idol Experience Tips
Continue to 4 of 6 below.
- The air-conditioned auditorium American Idol Experience is a great place to cool off and take the load off your feet when visiting Disney's Hollywood Studios on a hot day. It is important to note, however,... that although it is covered and there are overhead fans, the outdoor theater pre-show area can get very warm during the heat of the day. If heat is a problem for you, try this attraction first thing in the morning or attend the last show of the day.
- Know that if you want to audition for The American Idol Experience, you need to get to the park when it opens. Beware that the audition and performance experience may take up much of your day.
- You must be at least 14 years of age to audition for The American Idol Experience.
04 of 06
Star Tours - The Adventures Continue
Because Star Tours had been a popular attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios since 1990, its reopening in the Spring of 2011 was met with much excitement and anticipation. The power of the Force and the magic of Disney was combined to create the revamped "Star Tours - The Adventures Continue" featuring 3-D, a dramatic musical score and motion simulator-based technology. The attraction offers guests over 50 story combinations, so you'll want to ride it over and over.
Star Tours Tips
Continue to 5 of 6 below.
- Due to the attraction's popularity, you'll want to plan to ride early in the morning to avoid a long wait or pick up a FastPass+.
- Star Tours has a height restriction of 40 inches. Families with infants or toddlers can take advantage of Disney's Rider Switch Program that will keep them from spending too much time in this popular ride's line.
- If you're a Star Wars' fan, visit during Disney's Star Wars Weekends when you'll find celebrity appearances and... autograph sessions, additional characters and more themed merchandise.
05 of 06
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
Exciting, amazing and thrilling are all words that describe the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney's Hollywood Studios. This turbo-powered stunt show features high-flying, gravity-defying automobile, motorcycle and watercraft stunts.
The huge 6.5-acre outdoor stage features a Mediterranean village set that allows stunt drivers to perform high-speed spins, two-wheeled driving, jumps, pyrotechnic explosions, high falls and more... just as they are performed for the silver screen.
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show Tips:
Continue to 6 of 6 below.
- The stadium-type seating allows up to 5,000 guests per show, so this is one of the most accessible attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- While the stadium seating is covered, the pre-show waiting area is not, so heat may be an issue during the hot spring and summer months. Also, shows may be canceled due to inclement weather.
06 of 06
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
A concert-goer's quest to see one of the world's greatest rock and roll bands takes a few unexpected twists and turns through the Hollywood hills in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The thrilling ride features a high-speed launch of 0 to approximately 60 m.p.h. in just 2.8 seconds, three inversions, rock-concert lighting and a specially-recorded Aerosmith soundtrack blaring from 120 onboard speakers in each 24-passenger "super stretch" limousine-themed coaster car.
Coaster- and music-lovers as well as thrill-seekers will love this high-speed indoor ride and may find themselves going back again and again for this one-of-a-kind experience.
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Tips:
- The coaster has a height restriction of four feet. Families with infants or toddlers can take advantage of Disney's Rider Switch Program that will keep them from spending too much time in this popular ride's line.
- Due to the attraction's... popularity, you'll want to plan to ride early in the morning to avoid a long wait or pick up a FastPass+.