The Westin Beach Resort & Spa for Good Value & Good Dining
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale is a sparkling, modern Westin resort. The hotel perches directly on a coveted stretch of sand on one of Florida's cleanest beaches.
The hotel was built in 1964 and reopened in 2009 following extensive renovations. The hotel was updated again in 2015. With 432 rooms, it is neither an intimate boutique hotel nor a sprawling resort complex where guests get lost.
Nor their dogs; this resort observes a very pet-friendly hotel policy, welcoming canines under 40 lbs. at no additional charge.
A longtime fun-in-the-sun destination, Fort Lauderdale is a relaxing South Florida Gold Coast alternative to frenetic Miami 45 minutes south.
• Reasons to choose Fort Lauderdale over Miami
Will You Like The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale?
You will like this resort if:
• You want to be right on Fort Lauderdale's beach, yet near city attractions
• You're vacationing with kids and seek a friendly, active resort
• You have your dog with you: canine guests are welcome here with no fee
• Good-looking rooms will do; you don't need super-luxury décor or service
• You like dining in your hotel and expect high-quality restaurants
You may not like this resort if:
• Your heart is set on a grand, glittering, South Florida luxury resort
• A hotel of 400-plus rooms and a sizable business clientele isn't your style, and you prefer a more intimate boutique hotel or an artsy design hotel
• You'll be unhappy about paying a resort fee for amenities like room wifi and a beach umbrella
Who Stays at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale?
This resort's guest clientele is a mix. The hotel is most popular with:
• Families seeking an affordable beach vacation in a glamorous South Florida destination
• "Road warrior" executives visiting in Fort Lauderdale on business
Guest Rooms at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale has 432 guestrooms and suites.
• All offer Westin's king-size, pillow-top Heavenly Beds (or two full beds) and Westin's Heavenly Bath, with soaking tubs
• Floor-to-ceiling windows frame water views: either the sapphire Atlantic or the yacht-filled Intracoastal Waterway (the ocean view is the choice of most guests )
• Rooms are comfy and contemporary, with functional mahogany furniture (including a desk) and a seaside palette of sand and blue hues
• Room TVs are 32-inch flatscreens with myriad cable channels and game consoles
• In-room coffeemakers with Starbucks packets are a gracious touch
• Wifi is free in public areas but carries a charge in rooms
• Parking is pricey
• Evening turndown service is available by request
• There is no club floor or club lounge at this property to upgrade to
The hotel's high-end accommodations are its Premium Lanai rooms.
• Glass doors open onto a private lanai, a canopied, furnished outdoor patio
Lanais feature a private, 120-square-foot pool cabana overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
Dining at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
The restaurant scene at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale is quite sophisticated and glamorous. Guests who expect same-old resort dining will be very pleasantly surprised – and well fed.
The resort's signature eatery is American Vintage Classic Bar & Grill, a casual-chic indoor-outdoor restaurant. The menu spotlights steak and seafood, handcrafted cocktails, and good wines by the glass and bottle. The hotel's round-the-clock room service is from American Vintage.
Other dining venues at the hotel include Waves Pool Bar & Grill and Starbucks.
Full-Service Spa at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
The Heavenly Spa by Westin offers an array of face and body treatments for men, women, couples, and teens.
Salon services include haircut, color, and style; brow/lash tinting; waxing; mani-pedis. Spa services combine ancient principles, modern technique, and a sensual aromatherapy twist
• Popular treatments include Lemon Verbena Body Polish (an exfoliation plus massage) and Aromatherapy Prescription Facial (with custom-blended essential oils and a rejuvenating face massage)
• Specialty treatments cover maternity massages, post-sun wraps, radiance facials, more
• The Aqua Detox water therapy circuit comprises pools, baths, and fountains; it's free to spa patrons and open to hotel guests for a day-pass fee
• Spa day (and half-day) packages are available
• Some spa services may be performed in a guest's room
Things to Do at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
Sunny, upscale Fort Lauderdale is known as the Venice of America. It is a nautical city whose thoroughfares are just as likely to be waterways as roads. (Locals say that Fort Lauderdale has more boat slips than parking spots.)
Many of Fort Lauderdale's seafaring activities, like the famed Water Taxi and harbor festivals, are within a short walk of the hotel. Other attractions, like the nightlife district Las Olas, are an easy hop by land or sea.
The hotel offers a number of activities and amenities right on-property:
• A large pool, surrounded by loungers, is reachable by a covered walkway (Fort Lauderdale's beachfront hotels are not atop the beach but parted from the sand by a road)
• The pool is 60 feet wide and heated to around 83º, perfect for lap swimming or splashing
• Fort Lauderdale's sparkling Certified Blue Wave (clean!) beach is steps away, with beach chairs and towels
• The resort's WestinWORKOUT fitness studio is well-equipped, accessible 24 hours, and offers NewBalance sneaker and gear rentals
• Westin Kids Club is for youngsters 4 through 12, with activities and meals
Connect with The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
• On the resort's website (offering discount packages and a best-rate guarantee)
• By phone: 954.467.1111
• On Facebook
• On Twitter
• Starwood Hotels' SPG Guest Rewards program (Starwood Preferred Guest) for Westin, W, Sheraton, St. Regis, Le Meridien, and more Starwood hotel brands
• Fort Lauderdale official tourism website
• The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
321 N. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd. (Route A1A)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304
As is common in the travel industry, a Luxury Travel reporter was provided with complimentary accommodations in order to describe the hotel. For more info, see our site's Ethics Policy.