If a toy train is your idea of the perfect holiday season, then this is a must-see activity for your family. The Trains at NorthPark Center is the most elaborate toy holiday train exhibit in Texas, with locomotives whizzing on a journey across America, past the Dallas skyline, then on to New York City, San Francisco, New England and Washington, D.C.
The attraction is on display at NorthPark Center, Level Two, Nordstrom Wing between Sephora and Free People.
The Trains at NorthPark Center Essentials
The trains are located at the NorthPark Center, level two, near Nordstrom. The address is North Central Expressway at Northwest Highway, 8687 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75225
The 2017-2018 exhibit runs from November 18 to January 7.
Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm.
Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
(11/24, 11/25, 12/16-12/26 )
Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm.
Sunday from 11 am to 7 pm.
Exhibit Closed: Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Early Closings: Thanksgiving Eve: 10 am to 6 pm, Christmas Eve: 9 am-4 pm, New Year's Eve: 12 pm to 4 pm, New Year's Day: 10 am to 6 pm.
- $7 for adults
- $4 for children (ages 2 to 12) and senior citizens (65 and older)
- Children under 2 admitted free
About Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
The Ronald McDonald House of Dallas exists to serve and sustain families when serious illness or injury strikes the most cherished part of their lives, their children.
The Ronald McDonald House program was built on the simple idea that nothing else should matter when a family is focused on healing their child - not where they can afford to stay, where they will get their next meal, or where they will lay their head at night to rest. Since 1981, when the Ronald McDonald House of Dallas opened its doors, more than 36,000 families have been helped.
This year, the House will help about 2,000 families. These families come from all over the world to the Dallas area because of the strength of the local hospitals and the treatment their children will receive here.
Interesting Facts About the Trains at NorthPark
- Approximately 1,600 feet of track.
- 20 loops of 3 rail O gauge track.
- 4 trolley car tracks.
- 24 Lionel train sets hauling more than 100 rolling cars and pieces.
- More than 800 square feet of train layout area with scenes depicting downtown Dallas, the Cotton Bowl and State Fair, New York City, Washington D.C., New England, the Grand Canyon, Route 66, Santa's North pole, San Francisco and various cross country highlights.
- Hundreds of buildings, dozens of animated accessories, thousands of figures. The exhibit encompasses more than 4,000 square feet of train themed environments, with all the trimmings of the holiday train travel experience—steam engine and coach cars, water towers and baggage cart, ticket booth and train station.