The Bottom Line
A welcome addition to Central New York, the Lodge at Turning Stone is a serene, 98-suite luxury resort built amidst the ever-expanding Turning Stone Casino Resort. It is part of the property, yet it is a separate, handsome, free-standing building of wood and stone fashioned into a modern, welcoming retreat.
Since the weather in upstate New York can be challenging (especially during the traditionally snowy winter), the Lodge is connected to the casino and restaurants via an elevated, glassed-in pedestrian bridge. The most recent addition to the facility is Skana Spa, is a magnificent oasis with an extraordinary couples suite.
Each room in the Lodge features comfortably oversized chairs on a private teak deck that overlooks the beautifully landscaped property and verdant golf courses beyond.
- Luxury getaway in Central New York.
- Spacious, contemporary, well-designed accommodations.
- Exceptional Skana Spa adjoins the property and features a couples suite.
- Close proximity to golf and gambling.
- Very few suites have hot tubs, and bathtubs do not accommodate a couple.
- No activities for non-golfers, spa-phobics, and non-gamers.
- Clean, spacious, contemporary suites with French doors that separate the bedroom and living room.
- Private teak-furnished balcony or terrace (request a suite with a hot tub).
- Remote control, gas-fueled stone fireplace.
- Widescreen plasma TV.
- Glassed-in shower big enough for two. One-person bathtub. Modern vessel sinks.
- Fine amenities.
- Lighted, magnifying makeup mirror in bathroom.
- Separate vanity table.
- Excellent Wildflowers restaurant in lobby serves from 6 am - 10 pm.
- Complimentary wi-fi.
- In-room safe large enough to accommodate laptop computer.
- Local newspaper delivered daily to door. The New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today are available in the lobby.
Guide Review - The Lodge at Turning Stone Resort
Central New York isn't known as a destination for romance, but since the 2004 opening of The Lodge at Turning Stone Resort, couples may want to to consider the area. Soaring ceilings, romantic nooks, art glass displays, upholstered lounge chairs overlooking the patio and chef's herb garden, and a huge fireplace make the lobby a welcoming place.
The refined (but not stuffy) Wildflowers restaurant at The Lodge at Turning Stone Resort opens at 6 am to accommodate golfers who stay here. Uncrowded at lunch but popular at dinner, Wildflowers cuisine and service are extraordinary.
Suites provide a welcome respite from the crowds and clamor of the large Turning Stone casino. And you need not be gamblers to be drawn here. The adjacent 33,000-square foot Skana Spa offers a modern, nature-inspired menu of services and a Couple's Massage Package available Mondays through Thursdays that includes:
- Luxury overnight accommodations at The Lodge
- 50-minute spa service per person
- Rose petal turndown
- Breakfast in bed for two
Couples who prefer to skip the spa or make their own arrangements for treatments there may find the Romance Package more appealing. It Includes:
- Suite at The Lodge
- One dozen roses
- Chocolates in your suite
- Romantic dinner for two in Wildflowers Restaurant
- Rose petal turndown
- Breakfast in bed or at Wildflowers
- 1pm checkout
The Lodge at Turning Stone has succeeded in creating suites that are at once soothing and elegant. Done in tasteful shades of beige and gray and accented with cherry wood and frosted glass, rooms are private, quiet, and romantic. Luxury linens sheath an ultra-comfortable mattress. In the living room, a remote controlled gas fireplace can set the mood in seconds. The rest is up to you.