You can get married just about anywhere in Seattle. Seattle's location close to the water makes shore-front weddings ideal (and picturesque!), but far from the only options. Wedding venues range from hotel ballrooms, public parks, sprawling manor or estate properties, event spaces or lobbies at museums, or on a boat.
The only real trick is deciding what kind of location suits your dream wedding—and if you can afford it. If staying in budget is a high priority, consider this list of affordable wedding locations.
01 of 09
Get Married at a Hotel
Many hotels have event spaces or ballrooms available for weddings large and small. If you seek an affordable wedding or reception space, you can look to two-star and three-star establishments. While not all mid-level hotels have event space, the ones that do are far cheaper than Seattle’s upscale choices. But if you can afford it, Seattle’s four- and five-star hotels are especially fine choices for a wedding or reception. Some offer wedding package deals and most have planners to help you organize your perfect day.
Exceptional Seattle Hotels for a Wedding
- W Hotel – 1112 Fourth Avenue, Seattle – 206-264-6000
- Alexis Hotel – 1007 First Avenue, Seattle – 206-621-9009
- Hotel 1000 – 1000 First Avenue, Seattle – 206-957-1000
- Westin Seattle – 1900 5th Avenue, Seattle – 206-728-1000
- Pan Pacific Hotel – 2125 Terry Avenue, Seattle – 206-264-8111
- Sorrento Hotel – 900 Madison Street, Seattle – 206-622-6400
- Hotel Monaco – 1101 Fourth Avenue, Seattle – 206-621-1770
- Fairmont Olympic – 411 University... Street, Seattle – 206-621-1700
02 of 09
Get Married on a Boat
The Seattle area has a plethora of lakes, canals and shoreline all along the Puget Sound. Needless to say, there are many opportunities to have a wedding on shore, with a spectacular water view, or on a boat. Weddings on boats can be anything from a private affair for two to a large party with all your friends and family.
The MV Skansonia is a retired Washington State ferry that was in service from 1929 to 1967. Today, the ferry sits on the north shore of Lake Union and serves as a great waterfront wedding space. – 205 NE Northlake Way, A Dock, Seattle – 206-545-9109
Argosy offers a wide array of wedding and/or reception options. You can charter one of Argosy’s eleven ships, which vary in size. You can reserve one of four private rooms on the fleet’s largest ship, Royal Argosy. You can even enjoy dinner for two and arrange for the captain to marry you without any guests in attendance at all. – 1101 Alaskan Way, Pier 55, Seattle – 206-676-3145
Waterways Cruises also allows you to get married on the water on a private yacht. There are several wedding and reception packages to choose from, or design your own experience. – 2441 N. Northlake Way, Seattle – 206-223-2060
03 of 09
Get Married Overlooking the Water
With so many splendid water vistas in the Seattle area, a wedding perched on the shore is a very Northwest way to go. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to find venues with a view of the water. Alternately, if your wedding party is small or you’re looking for a reception site, the many waterfront restaurants in Seattle, Tacoma and often have private rooms available.
- Olympic Sculpture Park – 2901 Western Avenue, Seattle – 206-654-3140
- Seattle Yacht Club – 1807 E Hamlin Street, Seattle – 206-325-1000
- The Canal – 5300 34th Avenue NW, Seattle – 206-524-4918
- Chapel on Echo Bay – 400 6th Avenue, Fox Island – 253-549-7039
- Chambers Bay Golf Course – 6320 Grandview Drive W, University Place - 253-460-4653
04 of 09
Get Married at a Manor or Mansion
Located in the city as well and in the country are historic mansions and structures that offer highly romantic places for wedding ceremonies. Often these venues double as indoor/outdoor spots—pastoral outdoor settings in the summer and cozy weddings by a roaring fireplace in the winter. If you’re seeking a truly romantic surrounding, it’s hard to beat these hideaways.
Continue to 5 of 9 below.
- Thornewood Castle – Thorne Lane, Lakewood – 253-584-4393
- Sanders Estate – 5516 South 277th, Auburn – 253-856-2013
- Magnolia Hall - 225 East 3rd Street, Arlington – 360-435-0745
- Rosewood Room – 720 238th Street SE, Suite H, Bothell – 425-402-9818
- Clise Mansion – 6046 W Lake Sammamish Parkway NE, Redmond – 425-865-0210
- Dragonfly Retreat – Bothell – 425-402-7180
- Rein Fire Ranch - 27615 340th Avenue SE, Ravensdale – 360-886-5102
- Bacon Mansion Bed and Breakfast – 959 Broadway East, Seattle – 206-329-1864
- Robinswood House – 2430 148th Avenue SE, Bellevue – 425-452-7850
- Tibetts Creek Manor – 750 17th Avenue NW, Issaquah –... 425-837-3366
- Countryside Meadows – 21916 7th Avenue NE, Arlington – 360-652-9032
- DAR Rainier Chapter House – 800 East Roy Street, Seattle – 206-323-0600
05 of 09
Get Married at a Convention Center or Larger Event Space
Modern and elegant, convention centers and event spaces are ideal for large weddings and receptions. After all, not just anywhere can seat 400+ guests (even among larger venues).
- World Trade Center Seattle – 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle – 206-956-4588 - Can seat 90 or up to 180 for standing receptions.
- Lynnwood Convention Center - 3711 196th Street SW, Lynnwood – 425-640-7615 - Receptions for up to 300 guests and ceremonies for up to 260.
- Benaroya Hall – 200 University Street, Seattle – 206-215-4800 - Can seat 550 or space for 1200 at a standing reception.
- Pioneer Park Pavilion – 330 S. Meridian Avenue, Puyallup – 253-841-5518 - Can seat up to 400 or up to 558 standing.
- Enumclaw Expo Center Field House – 1456 Roosevelt Avenue E, Enumclaw – 360-615-5631 - Up to 300 seated or 700 standing.
06 of 09
Get Married Indoors
For at least six months of the year, Western Washington is far from ideal for outdoor weddings. This means if you want to get married between October and March, you’re probably going to be looking at indoor spaces. While there are many to choose from, some stand out for unique décor, architectural touches, or spectacular atmosphere!
- Herban Feast’s SoDo Park – 3200 1st Avenue, Seattle – 206-932-4717
- Sanctuary at Admiral – 2656 42nd Avenue SW, Seattle – 206-937-8464
- Bellevue Club – 11200 Southeast Sixth Street, Bellevue – 425-455-1616
- Knights of Columbus Colonial Room – 722 East Union Street - 206-325-3410
- Stone Manor – 15208 52nd Avenue S, Tukwila – 206-524-4918
- Stimson-Green Mansion – 1204 Minor Avenue, Seattle - 206-524-4918
- The Great Hall at Union Station – 401 S Jackson Street, Seattle - 206-524-4918
- Marysville Opera House – 1225 3rd Street, Marysville – 360-657-5532
- Monte Cristo Ballroom – 1507 Wall Street, Everett – 425-740-5046
07 of 09
Get Married in the Mountains
Washington State has no shortage of mountain destinations. From the hills surrounding Mt. Rainier to lodges tucked into the passes, mountain lodges offer pristine natural surrounds and often amazing views.
- Crystal Mountain – 33914 Crystal Mountain Blvd, Snoqualmie National Forest, Enumclaw – 360-663-3011
- Sun Mountain Lodge – 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop – 509-996-4728
- Moon Mountain – In Packwood just minutes from Mt. Rainier – 360-494-4949
- Alexander’s Lodge – 37515 State Road 706 East, Ashford – 360-569-2300
- Copper Creek Inn – 35707 SR 706 E, Ashford – 360-569-2799
- Wellspring Spa & Retreat – 54922 Kemahan Road E, Ashford - 98304
08 of 09
Get Married at a Museum
Museum weddings can add a little touch of something extra to your special day. For instance, at the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, you can get married in the glass hot shop, or hold your ceremony or reception under the grand rotunda at Union Station.
Continue to 9 of 9 below.
- Seattle Asian Art Museum - 1400 East Prospect Street, Volunteer Park, Seattle – 206-654-3100
- Seattle Art Museum – 1300 1st Avenue, Seattle – 206-654-3140
- Museum of Flight – 9404 East Marginal Way S, Seattle – 206-764-5706
- Tacoma Art Museum – 1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma – 253-272-4258
- Museum of Glass – 1801 Dock Street, Tacoma – 253-284-4737
- Washington State History Museum – 1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma – 253-798-5891
- Union Station Tacoma – 1717 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma – 253-863-5173, ext 223
09 of 09
Get Married in Other Beautiful Locations
- Jardin del Sol – 10522 52nd Street SE, Snohomish – 360-568-7513
- Woodland Park Zoo – 601 N 59th Street, Seattle - 206-548-2590
- Olympic Sculpture Park – 2901 Western Avenue, Seattle – 206-654-3140
- Point Defiance Zoo - 5400 North Pearl Street, Tacoma – 253-591-5337
- The Little White Church of Elbe – 253-846-7932