While there are restaurants serving sit-down meals this Thanksgiving in Albuquerque, those wanting to stay at home during the holiday and avoid cooking have a number of places to pick up take-out Thanksgiving meals.
For the best Thanksgiving take-out experience, order ahead and visit a local grocery store, specialty shop, or restaurant to pick up your completely prepared meal. Be sure to place your order at least two days before Thanksgiving (or whenever the chosen store or restaurant's cut-off date is) as demand for these meals is high. And, some take-out meals require a bit of cooking before serving.
There are a number of pre-made Thanksgiving meal options, so no matter when you want to pick up your meal, you should be able to find at least one place in the Albuquerque area with a take-out Thanksgiving meal for everyone to enjoy.
Grocery and Specialty Stores
Several grocery and specialty stores sell prepared and ready-to-eat Thanksgiving meals in Albuquerque. Some grocery stores are not open on the holiday itself so you'll have to pick up your meals beforehand. Grocery stores providing special meals include:
- HoneyBaked Ham: Located at 5307 Menaul N.E., HoneyBaked Ham offers a large selection of meats and sides for a perfect holiday feast. However, you'll need to pre-order your selections early and pick up the meal before Thanksgiving day (any time that week) as the store is closed for the holiday.
- Keller's Farm Stores has two locations in the Albuquerque area. Keller's is well known for its fresh, chemical-free meats, and they feature a variety of ready-to-serve dinners and side dishes available for the holiday season. The Keller's holiday dinner serves anywhere from two to 26 people and includes dressing, sweet potato casserole, turkey or another boneless meat, cranberry orange salad, and a pumpkin pie. Whole turkeys come with the package dinner options for 14 people and more.
- La Montañita Co-op has a wide selection of take-out foods available, from traditional to vegetarian and vegan options. Mix and match side dishes and entrees and choose from a wide variety of pies and dessert bread. Orders need to be placed ahead of the holiday rush, and the same goes for Sprouts Markets, which offers cooked meals that serve all sizes of families.
- Whole Foods, which has two locations in the area, is open Thanksgiving Day with limited hours (traditionally from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.) You can reserve your order at the deli for any take-out food including a heat-and-eat holiday meal for four.
Some restaurants also offer take-out Thanksgiving dinners and depending on what you're looking for, you can get a whole meal, a piece of pie, or a simple salad.
- Furrs Family Buffet's two locations both offer traditional Thanksgiving dinners to go in a meal, feast, or quart-sized portions. Both locations require at least 24 hours advance reservations for picking up these take-out meals.
- Buca di Beppo is open Thanksgiving Day and offers a special catered meal for the holiday, available in two different sizes. While they feature Italian cuisine, you'll not have to part with tradition for your all-American Thanksgiving meal.
- Mimi's is open during the holiday and offers traditional turkey with all the trimmings as well as some select signature dishes with a bit of French flair, all of which will feed about eight to 10 people. Or you can just order the sides, bakery goods, or a holiday brunch to go.
- Rudy's Country Store and BBQ offer oak-smoked turkeys or hams for pick up that you can just take home and serve. They are located at 2321 Carlisle Blvd NE.