Thanksgiving is a true family holiday for folks in Oklahoma City, the chance to enjoy a huge meal with loved ones, do a little shopping, prepare for the upcoming Christmas season and give thanks for all of our blessings.
This is your Thanksgiving in Oklahoma City headquarters. Get information for nearly every aspect of the holiday, from food and shopping to events and travel.
A large family feast is one of the great traditions on Thanksgiving. Whether it be the traditional turkey and pumpkin pie or something different, Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy food with loved ones.
- Examine prices and experiences of the best spots for Thanksgiving grocery shopping in OKC.
- If you want the big Thanksgiving meal but don't or can't cook, check with the restaurants that offer Thanksgiving dinners.
- And last but not least, you can always head out to eat on Thanksgiving. Check the restaurants open on Thanksgiving.
Black Friday Shopping
Next to the mammoth meals, the kick-off of the holiday shopping season may be the thing most synonymous with Thanksgiving and the days immediately following. These days, the words "Black Friday" are essentially obsolete, as the big sales begin on Thanksgiving itself.
- Check out the great specials for Black Friday shopping in Oklahoma City.
- Visit the holiday pop-up shops in Midtown.
- Consider unique gift options for OKC residents, Thunder fans, OU fans and OSU fans.
- Make things easier on yourself by buying up plenty of great gift cards in OKC.
- And if all that doesn't do it, just shop until you drop at the Outlet Shoppes of OKC, Quail Springs Mall, Penn Square Mall, Plaza Mayor or Sooner Mall.
Thanksgiving Events and Festivities
If the turkey hasn't put you to sleep, get out of the house with the family and experience all the season as to offer in Oklahoma City.
Whether you're heading to a family member's house for Thanksgiving dinner, making your way around the metro shopping or coming into town for one of the events noted above, be safe and knowledgeable with your travels.
Preparing for Christmas
Many people use Thanksgiving weekend as the kickoff to the Christmas season, preparing their decorations and planning holiday-themed December happenings.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful family holiday and the start to the wondrous holiday season in Oklahoma City, but there's a lot to keep your mind busy or frazzle your nerves during as well. Worry not, though, and just take everything step by step for Thanksgiving.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!