Thanksgiving is Monday, October 10, 2016, and most Vancouverites--like most Canadians in general--will celebrate Thanksgiving at home with their families, preparing their Thanksgiving feasts in their own kitchens. But there are many reasons why dining out for Thanksgiving in Vancouver is a better choice: you're away from home and just visiting Vancouver, you want a meal you can share with family and friends without having to cook it (or clean up after it), or you simply enjoy dining out on holidays.
Most Vancouver restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving (though you should call ahead to confirm). But if a traditional Thanksgiving meal--turkey with all the trimmings, pumpkin pie--is what you crave, there are great Vancouver Thanksgiving meal deals for every budget.
Please note that all of these Thanksgiving meals are served on Monday, October 10, 2016. Some meals may also be offered on October 9; check individual restaurants for details.
Vancouver Thanksgiving Meal Deals 2016
Want to Splurge? Lavish Thanksgiving Meals in Vancouver
Most of the larger Vancouver hotels will offer a Thanksgiving dinner. For example:
- Thanksgivng at YEW Seafood + Bar offers a three-course Thanksgiving dinner that includes a choice of classic turkey, roasted ling cod or steelhead trout, followed by a choice of pumpkin pie, apple ginger pie, or a bourbon pecan tart, for $69 per person.
- Thanksgiving at Bacchus Restaurant at the Wedgewood Hotel has a four-course Thanksgiving meal of free-run turkey with cranberry and apple red cabbage, forged BC greens, and spiced pumpkin pie for $80 per person, $45 per child (12 and under).
- Thanksgiving at the Sylvia Hotel is a three-course meal that includes a choice between roasted turkey, salmon or a vegetarian option (risotto), for $45 per person.
Want a great deal? Best Thanksgiving Deals in Vancouver
Bring it Home: Vancouver Thanksgiving Meals to Go
- Truffles Fine Foods offers a Thanksgiving meal for four people of oven-roasted turkey with turkey gravy and homemade cranberry sauce, whipped garlic mashed potatoes, root vegetables, and creamy pumpkin pie for $100. Orders must be places before October 5.
- Railtown Catering offers a Thanksgiving meal for eight to ten people of organic turkey, giblet gravy, mesclun greens, brioche bread stuffing, sweet potatoes, gold potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and classic pumpkin pie for $299. Orders must be placed before October 5.
- Whole Foods offers several choices for Thanksgiving meals to go, including a traditional whole turkey and sides for eight people for $199.99, as well as a glazed ham option ($159.99; serves eight) and a vegan option ($89.99; serves four), plus smaller portion / less expensive options. Online orders must be placed by October 8.
For more on celebrating Thanksgiving in Vancouver, including what's closed on Thanksgiving, see my Guide to Thanksgiving in Vancouver. For more Vancouver Thanksgiving meal deals, check out Open Table.