If you're traveling to Pittsburgh for the Thanksgiving holiday but don't feel like cooking a traditional meal for you and your family and friends, consider dining out or ordering a catered meal from one of the restaurants or grocery stores in the area that are serving up special holiday feasts.
The Pittsburgh area has several locations to choose from that are open on Thanksgiving Day, though you may have to be flexible with what time you usually like to eat your holiday meal, especially if you have a large party. Earlier seating times tend to go first, and no matter what time you want to eat, you'll want to book your reservation as soon as possible to ensure availability.
Pittsburgh Restaurants Open for Thanksgiving Dinner
If you feel like dining out on Thanksgiving, don't fret: Pittsburgh has plenty of options.
- With various locations around the Pittsburgh region—including North Hills, Murrysville, O'Hara, Peters, Pleasant Hills, Richland, Mount Lebanon, and PNC Park—Atria's three-course feast for $25.99 is perhaps the best deal in the area for eating a full meal without any of the hassle of cooking it—and you can even order from their special "Thanksgiving To-Go" menu!
- The popular downtown steakhouse, The Capital Grille will be offering their own take on Thanksgiving favorites alongside their traditional a la carte dinner menu.
- One of Pittsburgh's most romantic and elegant restaurants, Hyeholde, will also be hosting a traditional Thanksgiving buffet.
- The LeMont Pittsburgh will have a special Thanksgiving Feast Buffet, all of which require reservations in advance.
- For a holiday dinner with a different twist, try the Thanksgiving Dinner Cruise on the Gateway Clipper's Majestic where guest can enjoy traditional Thanksgiving fare and DJ music on one of three two-and-a-half-hour cruises boarding at noon, 1, and 4:30 p.m.
- If you want a holiday dinner with a more home-style feel, consider The Wooden Nickel Restaurant in Monroeville, where you can enjoy a classic American Thanksgiving meal including a plated feast with your choice of roast turkey or grilled Scottish salmon, plus mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, vegetables and a dessert buffet.
- This Thanksgiving, Mitchell's Fish Market locations in the Waterfront and Mt. Lebanon (Galleria) will also feature a three-course dinner of roasted turkey, gravy, apple-herb stuffing and cranberry relish, plus a choice of starter, side, and dessert.
- If you're not really in the mood for a traditional Thanksgiving meal, though, you could always head to one of the many Pittsburgh-area hotels and casinos, like the Grand Rivers Casino, or some of the Asian and Indian restaurants nearby, which are often open for regular dinner service on Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go
If you're not quite ready to give up the tradition of Thanksgiving Dinner at home, but still hate all the fuss and mess, why not try Thanksgiving dinner to-go? There are a few places in Pittsburgh which will, with advance reservation, prepare a full Thanksgiving Dinner for you and your guests, ready for you to pick up on Thanksgiving Day.
- With several locations to choose from and a wide selection of quality goods, Whole Foods Market is a great place to pick up your pre-ordered Thanksgiving meal, complete with free-range turkey, plus traditional sides and pies for dessert.
- Or you could go to the Chelsea Grille in Oakmont and order a dinner for 12 to 15 people featuring fully cooked whole turkey, traditional mashed potatoes and stuffing, and gravy and rolls.
- Fresco's Pittsburgh offers a complete gourmet Thanksgiving dinner for you and have it ready to pick up with options for eight to 10, 12 to 14, or 18 to 20 people servings with multiple pickup times on Thanksgiving Day.
- It's never too late to order from McGinnis Sisters in Adams Township, Monroeville, and Brentwood, which offer a full array of holiday dishes to choose from to feed 10 to 12 people.
- Giant Eagle Market District can also put your entire Thanksgiving meal on the table for you, including a 10 to 12-pound fully-cooked turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, green beans almondine, carrot soufflé, cranberry orange sauce and pumpkin pie.
- Consider checking out Rania's Catering for chef-made Thanksgiving favorites, making for the perfect made-to-order personalized Thanksgiving dinner for you and your family to enjoy at home.