01 of 02
Map of TGV Train Routes and Destinations in France
The TGV (Trains a Grande Vitesse) are the express trains of France and connect the major cities of France as well as continuing through to other neighbouring European countries that border France of Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Germany and Switzerland. If you can, travel on the upper deck of the duplex TGV trains for a superb view of the countryside as you speed through at the maximum of 320km/h (199mph) or slightly slower on the older trains at 300km/h (186mph).
Major Routes from Paris
All train times given here are the shortest time on a direct route. You can continue on to other cities from all these destinations.
- Paris to Lille - 59 mins
- Paris to Dunkerque - 59 mins
TGV Est from Paris Gare de l’Est. Connects to the east of France, one of the new regions now called Grand Est, serving destinations like Reims, Metz (visit the great Pompidou Metz Museum),... Nancy, Strasbourg, Luxembourg and beyond.
- Paris to Reims - 48 mins
- Paris to Metz - 1hr 27 mins
- Paris to Nancy – 1hr 31 mins
- Paris to Strasbourg – 2hrs 18mins
TGV Sud-Est from Paris Gare de Lyon. Connects to the south and east of France.
- Paris to Lyon - 1hr 59mins
- Paris to Dijon - 1hr 37 mins
- Paris to Grenoble - 3hrs 2 mins
- Paris to Annecy - 3hrs 48 mins
- Paris to Chambéry - 2hrs 50 mins
TGV Méditerranée from Paris Gare de Lyon. Connects to Provence and the Cote d'Azur.
- Paris to Marseille - 3hrs 25 mins
- Paris to Avignon - 3hrs 36 mins
- Paris to Aix-en-Provence - 3 hrs 8 mins
- Paris to Nice - 5 hrs 38 mins
- Paris to Nimes – 2 hrs 59 mins
TGV Atlantique from Paris Gare Montparnasse. Connects to the south and the west of France.
- Paris to Tours – 2 hrs
- Paris to Bordeaux – 3 hrs 3 mins
- Paris to Toulouse – 5 hrs 167 mins
- Paris to Pau – 5 hrs 27 mins
- Paris to Lourdes – 5 hrs 55 mins
- Paris to Le Mans – 55 mins
- Paris to Rennes – 2 hrs 13 mins
- Paris to Nantes – 2 hrs 12 mins
How to buy TGV tickets
Continue to 2 of 2 below.
- The best place to check TGV prices and buy online if you are in the USA is Rail Europe (US)
- The best place to check TGV prices and buy online if you are in the UK is Rail Europe (UK)
- Also try Voyages sncf (in French).
02 of 02
Paris to other cities
Many but not all of the following cities are served directly by TGV express trains. With some of the following destinations, you will have to change from the TGV onto a direct express train to reach your destination. Some of the TGV stations are outside the main city, but there are always good transport links into the city. Some, like at Lyon, are beside the airport.
All of the following articles contain links to Eurostar information from London to Paris, Lille and Brussels.
How to Get from Paris to...
- Paris to Aix-en-Provence
- Paris to Angers
- Paris to Arles
- Paris to Avignon
- Paris to Beaune
- Paris to Biarritz
- Paris to Blois
- Paris to Bordeaux
- Paris to Caen
- Paris to Chartres
- Paris to Cherbourg
- Paris to Deauville
- Paris to Dole
- Paris to Lourdes
- Paris to Lyon
- Paris to Marseille
- Paris to Metz
- Paris to Monte Carlo, Monaco
- Paris to Mont-St-Michel
- Paris to Montpellier
- Paris to Nantes
- Paris to Nice
- Paris to Nimes
- Paris to Orleans
- Paris to Pau
- Paris to Perpignan
- Paris to Poitiers
- Paris to Reims
- Paris to Rennes
- Paris to Rouen
- Paris... to St-Malo
- Paris to Strasbourg
- Paris to Toulon
- Paris to Toulouse
- Paris to Tours
New Rapid No-change Service from London St Pancras to Lyon, Avignon and Marseille
In April 2015, a new service began from London to France. Various Eurostar trains leave at 07.19 and arrives in Lyon at 1pm (local time) taking 4 hours 41 minutes, Avignon at 2.58pm (local time) taking 6 hours 39 minutes. A separate train leaves at 07.19pm to arrive in Marseille at 2.46pm (local time) taking 6 hours 27 minutes.