In 2017, the State Fair of Texas runs from September 29 through October 22. Get ready for deep-fried food and deep discounts if you plan your trip right. General admission to the 2017 State Fair of Texas is $18. It's the same for seniors ages 60 and up (but free for seniors on Thursdays) and for children at least age 3 years old and up to 48” tall. (Children age 2 and younger are admitted free.)
In addition, there are some great discounts and deals that will save you cash on admission. At the same time, you'll help area food banks, too. Save a few bucks with these special offers, then spend your savings on midway games and all that great fried food.
Save Then Spend It on the Midway
Many fairgoers just can't get enough of the annual event and end up purchasing a season pass. That's a smart thing to do if you are addicted to corny dogs and fried latte.
But with all the cool concerts, serious shopping and fantastic football, who can get enough of the State Fair of Texas? Here are some discounts and deals. Govern yourselves accordingly.
Pile up Savings With Discounts, a Season Pass
- Kroger Advanced General Admission / Season Passes: Advance purchase General Admission tickets are $16.50. A Season Pass is $39.95. They may be purchased at the check-out counter or at the service desk. The season pass includes a one-day companion ticket (good Monday through Friday).
- Kroger Can Food Drive Any Wednesday: Admission (any Wednesday) is $3 for each visitor bringing 3 cans of food for area food banks.
- Senior Day presented by Genworth Financial—any Thursday: Senior Citizens 60 years and older get in to the State Fair free every Thursday. Sponsored by Genworth Financial, Inc.
- McDonald's Any Day Discount: McDonald’s offers $3 off General Admission with one of their State Fair coupons (available on tray liner or bag stuffer) any day of the Fair. A $6 child ticket (with purchase of general admission) coupon is also distributed by McDonald’s. Discount may not be combined with any other offer.
- Dr Pepper $5 Any Tuesday: Bring an empty Dr Pepper can and enter for $5. Most rides (excluding the Thrillway and the Texas Star) are 6 coupons.
- Dr Pepper $8 after 5—any day after 5 p.m.: Bring an empty Dr Pepper can and enter for $8 after 5 p.m.
- Coke $6 Thursday: Bring an empty 20 oz. bottle of a Coca-Cola product and enter the Fair for $6 admission.