- Teresa R. Simpson is a freelance travel journalist who has lived in Memphis, Tennessee, her entire life and written for The Commercial Appeal, a daily newspaper in the city.
- Simpson is the author of "Memphis Murder & Mayhem," a historical non-fiction novel about the various crimes of the late 1800s and early 1900s that gave the city the name "The Murder Capital of the World."
Teresa R. Simpson is a former writer for TripSavvy who wrote about Memphis tourism, attractions, events, and destinations for over seven years.
As a freelance writer, Simpson's work has appeared in numerous local and national publications including The Commercial Appeal, Memphis' daily newspaper. She is the author of two books, "Memphis Murder & Mayhem" and "The Everything Baby Sign Language Book."
As a lifelong Memphian, Teresa has been exploring Memphis and the mid-south for years. One of her passions is uncovering those hidden gems—the lesser-known history, attractions, and characters—that make Memphis unique.
Teresa attended both The University of Memphis and Southwest Tennessee Community College.
Awards and Publications
- "Memphis Murder & Mayhem"
- "The Everything Baby Sign Language Book"
- "Elvis Presley's Homes in Memphis"
- "Outdoor Activities in Memphis"
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.