Taste of DC is a premier food festival in Washington, D.C. featuring tastings from more than 65 of DC’s best restaurants, food trucks, caterers and purveyors, an Oktoberfest celebration with German beers and authentic fare and a Wine Walk with more than 50 wines. The event has a Kids Zone with interactive games and entertainment, and demonstrations from local chefs cooking up their favorite recipes. Live entertainment will be performed on the Main Stage with local and national headlining acts, as well as the Annual Ben's Chili Bowl's World Chili Eating Championship. Note, that the Taste of DC has been held along Pennsylvania Avenue NW in previous years but this year relocates to the grounds of RFK Stadium. The expanded venue allows for extended hours and adjacent parking.
Dates and Times:
October 7-8, 2017, Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sunday 11 a.m. -6p.m.
Getting to the Festival
Location: New this Year! - RFK Stadium Grounds, Lot 8, 2400 East Capitol Street, SE. Washington, D.C. The best way to get to the event is by public transportation. The closest Metro station is Stadium-Armory. Note that event parking is $15. RFK Stadium has 10,000 spaces available in its parking lots. The lots fill up during major events and public transportation is suggested.
Taste of DC Highlights
- Restaurant Row - more than 65 of DC's best restaurants all in one place.
- Oktoberfest Beer Garden - features local, national, and international brews. Enjoy German classics, like Pilsner, Hefeweizen, and Oktoberfest, live oom-pah music, backyard games, and full pours of select beers, authentic fare like schnitzel, bratwurst and pretzels.
- Wine Walk - features more than 50 wines
- Main Stage - DJs and live bands perform a variety of music
- Culinary Stage - Cooking demonstrations will feature regional chefs with tips and tricks.
- The ultimate tailgate party, The Chili Cook-off at Taste of DC, will feature chili, beer and barbeque and specialty programming. On Saturday, October 7. The 7th Annual Ben’s Chili Bowl’s World Chili Eating Championship will bring some of the country’s best competitive eaters back to this exclusive to DC World Champion event. The competition takes place Saturday at 3 p.m. on the Taste of DC Main Stage. On Sunday, October 8, a competitive celebrity chef and amateur cook-off will take place to crown DC’s Chili Master.
- Family Zone - Music, games, and fun for all ages
- Artisan Market - Shop for unique gifts from local businesses
- Taste After Dark - Restaurant Row stays open Saturday until 10 p.m.
Taste of DC has partnered with Brainfood, a nonprofit youth development organization dedicated to educating and empowering DC-area children and teens.
RFK Stadium Festival Grounds hosts many popular events and festivals throughout the year including the Rock ‘n’ Roll DC Marathon, ShamrockFest and the DC Capital Fair. On-site paid parking is available for all events. The grounds are also home to the DC Open Air Farmers Market on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, from 7 a.m.-4 p.m., May through December.