Jerry Jones invites you to come party at his house. But even Jerry has a few rules that you must follow when tailgating at AT&T Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas -- for your own safety as well as the safety and enjoyment of all guests. If you don't abide by the rules, you might lose your tailgating privileges and get ejected from the parking lot. Tickets are too expensive these days -- so be sure to follow the rules and have a great time.
It's ok to dress like a cowboy but leave your guns at home. And your political banners, cajun turkey fryers and fireworks too.
There should be plenty of parking at Jerry World. You just may have to walk a little so wear comfortable shoes. There are about 12,000 parking spaces in 15 numbered lots at Cowboys Stadium. In addition, there are almost 12,000 parking spaces in lettered lots around the Texas Rangers Ballpark that may be used on an event day.
How Early Can I Arrive?
Parking areas are generally open five hours prior to Cowboys games. That should allow a sufficient amount of time to barbecue and get ready for some football.
Exactly Where Can I Tailgate?
Tailgating for Cowboys games is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in Lots 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis.
If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces.
Jerry World Tailgating Rules
- Tailgating spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.)
- Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
- Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8 and Lot 9.
- Tailgating is permitted from the time the lots open and up to two hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
- No littering. Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Be careful if you barbecue. Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- No deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- No open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal/gas cooking is OK.
- No disorderly conduct.
- No picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- You can't save a parking place or tailgating spaces for anyone.
- No weapons and fireworks.
- No selling food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- No advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products).
- No amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.
Find out more information on the Dallas Cowboys.