Suncadia Resort provides the perfect setting for a quick escape from the every day rush and crowds. Located just a few miles off of I-90, Suncadia is convenient to Washington cities both east and west of the Cascade Mountains. Whether your idea of relaxation includes some golf and a bike ride, or a steam and a soak followed by a glass of Northwest wine, you'll find it at Suncadia Resort.
- Guest rooms and facilities all set the stage for a getaway that is both active and relaxing
- Central location convenient to both Western and Eastern Washington cities
- Lodge overlooks gorgeous view of mountains, forests, and Cle Elum River
- Limited onsite dining options
- Suncadia Resort's craftsman-lodge decor sets the stage for a relaxing mountain getaway
- In addition to a full menu of spa services, the Glade Springs Spa has outstanding indoor and outdoor relaxation areas
- Suncadia's Swim & Fitness Center offers indoor and outdoor pools, water slide, fitness equipment, and group exercise classes
- The public Prospector Golf Course winds through scenic forested setting; another 18-hole public course to open in 2011
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available; some rooms come with washers and dryers
- Meeting space includes conference rooms, small and large ballrooms, and outdoor space
- Spacious library with computer to check email
Having a Family Getaway
You'll find many kid-friendly activities at Suncadia Resort, making it a great choice for a family getaway. The water slides, pools, and little Village Lake provide lots of watery fun. Kids age 4 through 12 can enroll in special CampCadia programs that include crafts, activities, and food in full- or half-day programs; evening activities are also scheduled. Take advantage of the resort's 10-plus miles of paved trails by renting a bike or motor scooter. Geocaching, movies at the pool, and outdoor concerts are other family-friendly activities available at Suncadia Resort.
Year-Round Outdoor Recreation
The mountains, forests, and rivers on the eastern side of the Cascade Mountains provide opportunity for all kinds of outdoor recreation. You can venture out on your own or sign up for such guided activities as fly fishing, ATV tours, river rafting, or horseback riding. Winter activities at Suncadia Resort include an ice skating rink, cross country skiing on groomed golf course trails, and rope-towed snow tubing. Nearby winter sport includes downhill skiing, sleigh rides, sledding, and snowmobiling.
The Glade Spring Spa
Located in a separate building adjacent to the lodge, Suncadia's Glade Spring Spa is among the best spas in the state. The spacious facility includes well-equipped locker rooms, two large relaxation rooms, and a spa shop. Treatments range from such standards as a relaxation massage or a facial to services that incorporate wine or appeal to gentlemen. It's the spa's outdoor mineral baths - set among natural-style landscaping that includes running water, warm fires, and deck space - that make Glade Spring Spa exceptional. These "mountain glades" feature soaking pools of various temperatures, lounge seating areas, and outdoor saunas. The coed glade offers three different pools, while the private women's glade has its own mineral bath and sauna. With multi-treatment and multi-day packages, the Glade Spring Spa can provide a full spa getaway experience.
Dining at Suncadia Resort
- Pioneer Coffee Roasting Company – coffee drinks, fresh pastries, and snacks, and shop with sundries and souvenir items
- Portals – elegant dining and great views for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Fifty 6° – local wine and microbrews accompanied by a gorgeous view
- Room service
- The Canary Grille – casual dining at The Inn, by the Prospector golf shop (open seasonally)
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary services for review purposes. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our Ethics Policy.