When: Through October 3, 2015
Where: Riverside Park and West Harlem Piers Park , from 59th to 153rd Sts.
Running from May through October 3, the 2015 edition of the annual Summer on the Hudson festival in Riverside Park brings a summer-long season of 160-plus alfresco arts and cultural events to Manhattan's Hudson River-lined park, stretching from 59th Street to 153rd Street. Expect happenings highlighting music and dance, and, come July and August, a series of movie screenings under the stars.
Plus, plenty of family events, fitness activities, kayaking, and more. Festival organizers are bringing back some old favorites, too, including family-friendly music and art festival Mamapalooza, kite-flying event FlyNYC, and the country fair-esque West Side County Fair.
Events are free to the public and no advance ticketing or registration is required; seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning one to two hours ahead of scheduled start times. Scheduled programming will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain (no rain dates are being scheduled).
Here are some highlights from the Summer on the Hudson 2015 lineup:
- May 3: Irish Arts Center New York City Irish Dance Festival [DANCE] Pier I at 70th St.
- May 17: 14th Annual Mamapalooza Outdoor Extravaganza: Celebrate moms and families at this annual music and arts festivall [FAMILY/ART/MUSIC] Pier I at 70th St.
- June 11: Opening of Riverside Gallery–Art in the Park [ART] 59th to 70th sts.
- August 15: FlyNYC 2014: Fly a kite for fun for all ages [FAMILY] Pier I at 70th St.
- September 6: West Side County Fair: A good ole county fair comes to the city with carnival rides and games, live music, sideshow performers, aerialists, reptile shows, and more [FAIR/FAMILY] 68th to 70th sts.
Scheduled outdoor film screenings, starting at dusk (around 8:30pm), include:
- July 1: Jurassic Park (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- July 8: Edward Scissorhands (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- July 9: Pride and Prejudice (Lawn at 72n St.)
July 15: The Natural (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- July 22: The Great Gatsby (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- July 29: Beasts of the Southern Wild (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- August 5: Moonrise Kingdom (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- August 12: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax (at Pier 1 at 70th St.)
- August 13: Fantastic Mr. Fox (Lawn at 72n St.)
View the full Summer on the Hudson schedule at nyc.gov/parks/soh.