In the summer everyone wants a cool place to go. Local programs offering summer movies for Phoenix kids are affordable, and how fun it is for a kid to spend a couple of hours every week at the movies watching recent favorites.
Summer Movies for Kids at Harkins Movie Theatres
Every year, Harkins, which owns and operates many of the movie screens in the Phoenix area, offers summer movies for children.
Typically, these movies are rated G or PG and are already on DVD or close to being released on DVD.
- Dates in 2018: From May 28 through August 3
- Times: All movies are scheduled for 9:45 a.m.
- Tickets are on sale now at participating theaters
- Where: Arizona Mills 25, Arrowhead Fountains 18, Chandler Crossroads 12, Chandler Fashion 20, Christown 14, Estrella Falls 16, Gateway Pavillions 18, Metrocenter 12, Norterra 14, North Valley 16, Park West 14, Queen Creek 14, Santan Village 16, Scottsdale 101 14, Shea 14, Superstition Springs 25, Tempe Marketplace 16.
- Price of admission: 10 movies for $7
- Age: Movies are intended for children 13 and under. Children need an adult to attend with them; adults are permitted only when accompanied by a child. Children two and under do not need a ticket but may be required to sit on your lap if there is limited seating available. Buy a ticket for the little ones if you want to be guaranteed that they can have their own seat.
How it works: You choose your day, choose your theater, and buy your tickets at the theater, not online and not by phone. All the movies are purchased as a set; they must be for the same movie theater and same day of the week. Tickets often sell out early, so don't assume you can wait to buy your summer movie package.
If ticket packages have not sold out, there may be tickets at some theaters at the box office later in the summer season on a first-come, first-served basis on the morning of the movie for $2 each. If that theater has sold out its ticket packages, no individual tickets will be sold.
Summer Movies 2018
This year the summer lineup includes:
- Smurfs: The Lost Village
- The Lego Ninjago Movie
- The Boss Baby
- Despicable Me 3
- The Emoji Movie
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
- Paddington 2
- Kubo and the Two Strings
See the schedule here.
Summer Movies for Kids at UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle in Maricopa
The UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle has an annual Summer Kids’ Movie Series as well. Typically, these movies are rated G or PG and are already on DVD or close to being released on DVD. They are all presented in 2D format.
- Dates in 2017: Monday through Friday, May 28–August 3
- Tickets are on sale now.
- Times: All movies are scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Doors open at 9 a.m.
- Price of admission: 10 movies for $5
- Where: Maricopa
How it works: To purchase a movie series pass, select the day of the week they would like to attend for the one-time ticket price of $5. Each week, you return on the same day to see all 10 weeks of films.
Tickets for individual days (not preselected in advance) can be purchased at the door for $1 each, if available.
The 2018 movies for The UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle are the same as the Hawkins theaters.
See the schedule here.
All dates, times, prices, and offerings are subject to change without notice.