In the summer everyone wants to be in a cool place. Local programs offering summer movies for Phoenix kids are affordable, and there's no better place for a kid to spend a couple of hours every week than at the movies.
Summer Movies for Kids at Harkins Movie Theatres
Every year Harkins, which owns and operates many of the movie screens in the Phoenix area, offers summer movies for children. Typically, these movies are rated G or PG and are already on DVD or close to being released on DVD.
- Dates in 2017: From May 29 through August 4
- Times: All movies are scheduled for 9:45 a.m.
- Tickets go on sale: Friday, April 14, 2017, at participating theaters
- Where: Arizona Mills 25, Arrowhead Fountains 18, Chandler Crossroads 12, Chandler Fashion 20, Christown 14, Estrella Falls 16, Gateway Pavillions 18, Metrocenter 12, Norterra 14, North Valley 16, Park West 14, Queen Creek 14, San Tan Village 16, Scottsdale 101 14, Shea 14, Superstition Springs 25, Tempe Marketplace 16.
- Price of admission: 10 movies for $7
- Age: Movies are intended for children 12 and under. Children are only admitted with an adult. Adults are only permitted when accompanied by a child. Children two and under do not need a ticket, but may be required to sit on your lap if there is limited seating available. Buy a ticket for the little one if you want to be guaranteed that they can have their own seat.
How it works: Movies are rated G or PG.
You choose your day, choose your theater and buy your tickets at the theater. Not online, not by phone. You have to physically go to the theater. All your movies are purchased as a set; they must be for the same movie theater and same day of the week. Tickets often sell out early, so don't assume you can wait to buy your summer movie package!
If ticket packages have not sold out, there may be tickets at some theaters at the box office later in the summer season on a first-come, first-served basis on the morning of the movie for $2 each. If that theater had sold out their ticket packages, no individual tickets will be sold.
Summer Movies 2017
In 2017 all the movies are rated PG:
- Mr. Popper's Penguins
- The Secret Life of Pets
- The Angry Birds Movie
- Kung Fu Panda
- Ice Age: Collision Course
- The Lego Batman Movie
- Norm of the North
- Rock Dog
Summer Movies for Kids at UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle in Maricopa
The UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle has an annual Summer Kids’ Movie Series. Typically, these movies are rated G or PG and are already on DVD or close to being released on DVD. They are all presented in 2D format.
- Dates in 2017: Monday through Friday, May 29 - August 4
- Tickets on sale now.
- Times: All movies are scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Doors open at 9 a.m.
- Price of admission: 10 movies for $5
- Where: in Maricopa.
How it works: To purchase a movie series pass, guests select the day of the week they would like to attend for the one-time ticket price of $5. Each week, they return on the same day to see all 10 weeks of films.
Tickets for individual days (not pre-selected in advance) can be purchased at the door for $1 each.
Here is the 2017 schedule for The UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle:
- Week 1: May 29-June 2 – Kung Fu Panda
- Week 2: June 5-9 – Kung Fu Panda 2
- Week 3: June 12-16 – Kung Fu Panda 3
- Week 4: June 19-23 – Trolls
- Week 5: June 26-30 – The LEGO Movie
- Week 6: July 3-7 – The LEGO Batman Movie
- Week 7: July 10-14 – The Neverending Story
- Week 8: July 17-21 – Storks
- Week 9: July 24-28 – Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- Week 10: July 31-August 4 – Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.