How and Where To Buy Suffolk County Green Key Cards

- What are Suffolk County Green Key Cards and where can you buy them?

Purchase a Green Key card to enjoy reduced fees for Suffolk County park activities. You will also be able to access the automated golf and camping reservation system. The card will identify you as a Suffolk County resident. (Non-residents may purchase a Tourist Key Card for a higher fee than residents.)

You must purchase the card in person at one of a number of parks and you must bring two valid forms of ID with you.

One proof of ID must be a photo ID with your address, such as a driver's license. A second proof of ID can be a Suffolk County property tax bill, Suffolk county property deed, motor vehicle registration, Suffolk County utility bill, Suffolk County library card or voter registration card. (There is one exception: if you are not a Suffolk County resident, you may buy a Tourist Key Card at the West Sayville Operations Office.)

You may purchase your Green Key Card at any of the following Suffolk County Golf Courses:

or at the following Suffolk County parks:Discounted or free Green Key cards are available in the following categories and require proof of residency plus additional proof:
  • Handicap Green Key:
    You must show a New York State parks Access Pass or S.C. Handicapped ID card issued by the Suffolk County Office of Handicapped Services.
  • C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) Green Key:
    Volunteers must show valid Suffolk County C.E.R.T. team member photo ID card.
  • Auxiliary Police Green Key:
    You must show your Auxiliary Police ID at the time of purchase.
  • Firefighter/EMT Green Key:
    You must show your ID card or a letter written on the fire dept./ambulance company's official stationery.
  • Veterans Green Key:
    You must show your DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) or a Suffolk County resident veteran ID card issued by the Suffolk County Office of Veteran Affairs.
  • Disabled Veterans Green Key:
    You must bring a V.A.-issued ID card stating a "service connected" disability.
  • Active Military Green Key:
    You must show your military ID card, mobilization and/or deployment orders. This is sold only at the West Sayville Operations Office.
  • Non-resident Green Key Card
    These allow those who are non-residents of Suffolk County to access the golf and camping reservation system, but on a limited basis. Note that tourist rates will apply and some privileges may not be available if you are a non-resident. You can also buy this type of card over the phone with your Mastercard or Visa through the Parks Operations Office, open from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These cards are valid for one year from the original date of purchase.

Veterans pay a discount for their cards. ACTIVE military and disabled Veteran Green Key cards are free. For current prices for all other Green Key cards, please go to Suffolk County Green Key Cards - FAQ.

Note that you will have to pay a small fee for a replacement green key card.

For more information, please call (631) 854-4949. Source: Suffolk County Government website