Held right around July 4th, the Stars & Stripes River Festival began in 2012 as a celebration of America's freedom. Sponsored by Sandridge Energy, the annual event features a festival atmosphere along the Oklahoma River with live music, rowing and kayaking races, children's activities, fireworks and more. There is no charge for admission, and a number of local food trucks will be on hand.
2017 Date & Times:
The 6th Annual Stars & Stripes River Festival takes place on June 24, with races and the family festival beginning around 10 a.m. It all concludes around 10 p.m. with a beautiful fireworks display over the river. Here is the complete schedule of events. Specific activities include:
- Stars & Stripes Regatta, Masters Rowing
- Riversport Challenge 500m Kayak/5K Run
- Olympic Activities
- Live Music
- Riversport Corporate Rowing & Dragon Boat League Championships / Paddle for the Cure Dragon Boat Race
Location & Directions:
The Boathouse District is located along Lincoln Boulevard, just south of OKC's Bricktown and near the intersection of I-35 and I-40.
The Family Festival includes live music and a number of family activities, and the Boathouse District will offer visitors special buy one, get one free pricing on Riversport Adventures such as the Sky Trail or Youth Zone. Here are some of the other planned festival events:
- Master crews from across the region row in Stars & Stripes Regatta.
- Over 60 teams compete in the corporate rowing league and dragon boat races.
- Sign up to Paddle for the Cure, benefiting Susan G. Komen of Central and Western Oklahoma.
- Enter the Riversport Challenge, a 500m kayak race and 5k run for the entire family. Registration is $35, or $15 for kids 12 and under.
- The Olympic Experience includes interactive demonstrations of several Olympic sports.
Food Trucks & Vendors:
There will also be local food trucks on site. A list has not yet been released, but previous festivals have included:
- Big Truck Tacos
- Dippin Dots
- Hall’s Pizza Kitchen
- Heo’s Kitchen
- Jolly Trolley
- Off the Hook
- Rickey’s Fire Roasted Corn
- Roxy’s Ice Cream Social
- Smokin Okies
- Snack Shack