Star Wars: The Force Awakens has not only awoken the box office, but it has inspired travelers to hit the road in search of filming locations like no other movie has before it. Travelers have relived original filming locations in Death Valley National Park and headed out to a remote island off the coast of Ireland just to get in touch with this movie-making magic.
Zicasso has unveiled yet another handcrafted itinerary based on a popular series. This time, they have tackled the Star Wars franchise with a tour that follows in the footsteps of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
“We’ve seen great interest from fans of the film series to not only visit the breathtaking filming locations, but to retrace the steps of their favorite actors while filming,” said Steve Yu, director of marketing at Zicasso. “For the first time, fans will get to experience staying at the same lodge where the film’s cast and crew stayed while filming in Ireland. Fantasy truly meets reality on this unique tour.”
Experts at transforming fantasy into reality, Zicasso has put together a tour that spans three countries – England, Iceland and Ireland. The 10-day private tour takes you into another world, filled with resistance fighters, dark lords, troopers and a neverending search for Luke Skywalker.
Highlights of the journey include:
- A visit to filming locations in the three countries – Ireland, Iceland and England – with private guides.
- A private helicopter tour to see the iconic Skelligh Michael UNESCO World Heritage Site, where Luke was hiding in the film.
- An itimate stay at the Portmagee Moorings Hotel where the cast and crew of Star Wars also stayed.
- An adventure in Puzzlewood near the Forest of Dean to see the site of the epic light saber battle.
- The Myvatn region in Iceland which was the backdrop to winter battle scenes.
- A chance to captain the starship during a visit to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in London.
- A visit to the former Royal Air Force base, Greenham Common
- A trek to see the northern lights
The journey begins in Reykjavik, Iceland, which has the honor of being the northernmost capital city in the world. Guests stroll through Svarthöfði Street, also known as the Dark Villain Street. Next, guests head to Krafla, a dormant volcano and where they filmed Myvatn, the villain base. There are also visits to the Dettifoss Waterfall and Blue Lagoon.
The journey continues in England with visits to Madam Tussauds, Greenham Common and the Forest of Dean.
Guests then head to Ireland and begin with a trip to Portmagee, followed by a helicopter ride to Skellig Michael and then a drive along the Ring of Kerry.
Pricing for the customizable tour package begins at $10,935 per person, double occupancy and includes accommodations, breakfasts, private tours including helicopter tour, entrance fees to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, private transfers and 24/7 support. It does not include the price of airfare to Iceland and from Ireland, but does include air transfers during the trip.
Zicasso is an online luxury travel referral service that matches discerning travelers with the industry’s top 10 percent of travel specialists, who are personally vetted by the organization, creating a network of some of the top travel agents in the world who work personally with clients to craft the ultimate journey.