The Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade is the bigger of the two Queens parades. Way bigger. An annual event in the Rockaways, it attracts big crowds, up to 50,000 on a warm March afternoon. Ah, and there's plenty of bagpipe music. Get out and enjoy and learn why the Rockaways was once known as the Irish Riviera. This year more than ever, show your support for the Rockaways by coming to the parade!
- St. Patrick's Parade in Rockaways - Saturday, March 1, 2014
2015 St. Patrick's Parade in the Rockaways:
- Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Saturday, March 7, 2015, 1 p.m.
- Parade Route: Starts at Beach 129th St and Newport Ave >> Along Newport to Beach 116th St >> To Rockaway Beach Blvd >> Along Rockaway Beach Blvd >> Ends at Beach 100th St and Rockaway Beach Blvd. at St. Camillus parking lot.
- Subway/Directions: The A train to Beach 116th St.
- Viewing Stand: Beach 105th St and Rockaway Beach Blvd
- Post-Parade Ceremonies - St. Camillus School Hall, Beach 100th St, Rockaway Beach
2014 St. Pat's Parade Details:
- Expected to March: TBD - Usually the Mayor, Senator Charles Schumer, Joe Crowley)
- Honorees: Grand Marshal - Stephen J. Cassidy, President U.F.A.; Gael Of The Year, Congressman Joe Crowley
- Marching/Performing: 20+ bands will march, including bagpipe bands, school bands, and community bands, hailing from NYC, Long Island, New Jersey, and upstate.
- Post-Parade Rugby: Local rugby clubs Fisheads has a fundraiser at the OLD beach club parking lot. Live bands. After the parade.
The Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade is a high-spirited, but real local affair. It's held almost two weeks earlier than the Manhattan parade, which makes it a great warm-up for the bigger parade.
The Rockaways is the home of many Irish-American families, and counts high number of New York's Finest and Bravest as community members. The parade and the day is really a highlight of the year in the Rockaways -- well, at least when people aren't at the beach.
Irish Pubs in the Rockaways:
A big plus for the Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade is the concentration of Irish bars and pubs in the area. However, they're a bit too popular on St. Patrick's Day. Don't expect a seat at one of these bars if you wait to see the whole parade.
- Irish Circle, 101-19 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Rockaway Park, 718-474-9002
- Kerry Hills Pub, 115-10 Rockaway Beach Blvd, Far Rockaway, 718-318-1964
- After Party: Belle Harbor Yacht Club (533 Beach 126th St)
Contact the Queens St. Patrick's Parade Organizers:
- Official Website - Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Queens County St. Patrick's Day Parade and Cultural Committee
- Michael Benn, Committee President
- email: KroppyBoy@aol.com
- Contact Mike if your group wants to march and celebrate Irish heritage.