Housed in Frank Lloyd Wright's beautiful white building, the Guggenheim's spiral structure offers visitors an amazing path to travel while exploring the museum's collection and exhibitions which feature modern paintings, sculpture and film.
The striking and unmistakable structure known to all New York visitors as the Guggenheim Museum houses one of the most interesting means of an art tour you will encounter in your travels.
The spiraled main gallery, art itself designed by famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright, allows visitors to move continuously through a large main exhibit, which sees several exhibits per year.
Visitors should not forget that apart from the main gallery, which displays art modern sculpture and artwork of a striking range of traditions, there is an annex which opens up into even more treasures to behold.
Whether to take a brief spin through Wright's memorable building or spend an entire day peeking through all the art the vast space has to offer, the Guggenheim is a must-see for art and architecture fans.
Guggenheim Museum Basics:
Guggenheim Museum Admission:
- Adults $25; students and seniors (65+) with ID $18; children under 12 free; members free.
- Advance tickets are available online through the Guggenheim Website
- Admission included with the New York Pass.
- Admission included with the New York CityPass.
- On Saturdays from 5:45 -7:45 p.m. admission to the Guggenheim is "pay what you wish" by donation.
- Friday - Wednesday : 10 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. (7:45 p.m. on Saturdays)
- Thursday: Closed
- Last tickets sold 30 minutes before closing.
- Some galleries may close before museum closes
- Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Open all other holidays.
Tours: (All Tours are included with the cost of admission.)
- Audio Tour: The Director's Pick Tour featuring highlights from the Permanent Collection is available at the information desk and can be used at your own pace.
- Art Talks: These one hour tours are offered daily at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and cover highlights of the collection and current exhibitions.