With multiple locations across North America, the Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful choice for a fun getaway during the holiday season. As North America's largest family of indoor waterparks, this chain always celebrates the holidays with its Snowland, an event filled with holiday magic where families can revel in the season with holiday caroling and Cub Club activities, all while enjoying the 84-degree indoor atmosphere of the pool and slide area. Snowland stretches from November 29, 2020, until January 2, 2021.
In 2020-21, some Great Wolf Lodge locations temporarily closed during the Snowland celebration, while others remained open with enhanced sanitation protocols and social distancing in place.
During Snowland at the Great Wolf Lodge, signs of Christmas are just about everywhere you look. In addition to nightly snow flurries in the Grand Lobby, you can also enjoy seasonal activities, which have been modified to adhere to safety protocols in 2020.
- Socially distanced visits with Santa are available for children.
- Pre-packed arts and craft kits are available for grab-and-go fun on your own.
- Storytime is accompanied by making paper snowflakes.
- The Snowball Dance Party offers the whole family a chance to dance the night away.
- Yoga classes are offered with storytime.
About Great Wolf Resorts
Great Wolf Lodge is the largest chain of indoor water parks in the world. The chain offers a rustic, Northwest woodland lodge theme, complete with rugged timber beams and a dramatic stone fireplace in the lobby of each resort. The first Great Wolf Lodge opened in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, in 1997, and expanded to Sandusky, Ohio, in 2001.
In addition to accommodations in wilderness lodge-style rooms and suites, Great Wolf Lodge guests receive complimentary, unlimited access to a large indoor water park with numerous water slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, and more. Some locations also have an outdoor water park. Each location also has on-site restaurants, an arcade, spa, fitness room, and children’s activity areas that may include mini-golf, bowling, a 4-D motion thrill ride, a high-ropes course, and the MagiQuest high-tech scavenger hunt game. In addition, kids can meet the Great Wolf Lodge woodland characters: Wiley, Sammy, Rachel, Brinley, Viol, and Oliver.
Great Wolf Lodge Locations
Great Wolf Lodge has 19 locations in the United States and Canada.
- Atlanta / LaGrange, Georgia
- Charlotte / Concord, North Carolina
- Grapevine, Texas
- Williamsburg, Virginia
- Minneapolis / Bloomington, Minnesota
- Chicago / Gurnee, Illinois
- Cincinnati / Mason, Ohio
- Kansas City, Kansas
- Sandusky, Ohio
- Traverse City, Michigan
- Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Anaheim, California
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Grand Mound, Washington
- Scottsdale / Talking Stick, Arizona
- San Francisco / Manteca, California