The moment you take a glance at the view from Skyfall at Delano Las Vegas, you are entranced by the lights, the horizon, and the endless possibilities of a Las Vegas evening. The cocktails will come and the conversation will flow, but that initial introduction to the skyline from the south end of the Las Vegas strip will dominate your memory of the cocktail lounge adjacent to Rivea at Delano Las Vegas.
While the view is impressive, the overall design of the space is extremely attractive. Sit at the bar, and the sheer size of it is comforting. It blends with the endless views. The large windows frame the view, but they also lend to the wide open feeling in the room. The patio has attractive heating fixtures for the cooler months as well as comfortable lounge areas that coerce you into mingling.
- Location: Delano Las Vegas (Adjacent to Mandalay Bay Las Vegas)
3940 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Price Range: Skyfall can get expensive as cocktails are not cheap in Las Vegas
- Attire: Business Casual
- Additional information is available on the website.
What to Expect
The crowd at Skyfall varies depending on what is happening at the hotel. If there is a big conference in town, you might expect to see plenty of name tags and uncomfortable conversations. Weekends bring in a bit more of a Las Vegas nightlife crowd. Early evenings will have the pre-dinner/theater crowd, so, if someone is sitting in your favorite spot out on the patio, wait a few minutes; they will probably move on, freeing up a spot for you to camp out with a great view.
- Harvest Moon (Rittenhouse rye / Avua cachaça ambruana / molé bitters / cacao nib-infused pear brandy / sweet vermouth) - Strength comes in different forms, and this cocktail is a nod to feeling secure and solid. It is a rye-based drink that manages to embody the surrounding space while somehow conjuring images of wooden pipes, smoking jackets, and wood-paneled studies.
- Sierra Aperitivo ( Grey Goose orange vodka / Apero / lChampagne selection Alain Ducasse) - This drink is a sweet, effervescent, champagne cocktail that would go very well on the deck of a boat.
- Gibson (Bombay dry gin / Dolin dry vermouth / pickled onion) - This classic cocktail originated pre-prohibition. It's simple yet elegant, and, as it's placed before you on the Las Vegas strip, it frames the view just right.
Golden Hour 5 to 7
Sunset from high above the Las Vegas strip allows for some stunning views of the ever-changing colors in the distant desert. You'll also catch the "flipping of the switch" of the lights the Las Vegas strip. This is by no means a cheap destination, but you'll be offered a few happy hour drink specials to bring the cost down.