Sky View Mall opened in November 2010 -- a vertical mall close to downtown Flushing. It's home to a few big box stores, and though not every store has yet to open, this new shopping destination could be your lifesaver for the 2010 holiday season.
Imagine a clean, fully stocked, uncrowded Target -- during Christmas shopping season.
Visit this mall before it gets discovered. As of December 1, shoppers during weekdays found wide aisles, sunny spaces, and plenty of merchandise to peruse at the mall's Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Marshalls, BJs, and Old Navy. I haven't visited on a weekend yet, so you may find more crowds on Saturdays and Sundays.
What We Like
- Clean, new, spacious big brand stores
- Convenient to public transportation
- Well-designed mall with plenty of natural light
- Free parking garage for two hours (until end of 2010)- and small fee for more time
What We Don't Like
- Tough to approach by car -- especially if driving west on Roosevelt
- Main entrance for parking garage is on south side of Roosevelt
- Avoid walking at night on College Point
The food court at Sky View is not open yet, but there is a cafe at Target where pizza and other snacks. Or, you can have more fun by eating a few blocks away in Flushing Chinatown restaurants.
Directions - How to Get to Sky View Center Mall
40-24 College Point Blvd
Flushing, NY 11354
Mall is at intersection of College Point Blvd and Roosevelt Ave
Parking garage entrance on Roosevelt Ave (south side)
Smaller entrance to parking garage on 40th Rd.
Subways, Trains, and Buses
- 7 subway to Flushing Main St
- LIRR to Flushing Main St
- Q48 on Roosevelt Ave and many more buses in downtown Flushing
- Monday - Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.