It happens. Things get lost in the confusion. Wallets, cell phones, jackets, keys, credit cards...The people at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix have seen all the usual items inadvertently left behind by passengers passing through.
Here are some quick facts about the Lost and Found Department at Sky Harbor in Phoenix, Arizona.
Airport Lost and Found Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm Arizona time
Airport Lost and Found Phone Number: 602-273-3333
If you lost something at one of the areas controlled by the airport—terminals, PHX buses, PHX SkyTrain, parking garages, baggage claim area, restrooms—you can call the office and leave a message or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information about what you lost and how to contact you.
It is important to note that the airport only holds onto most items for ten days. After ten days items that have been turned into Lost and Found are disposed of. The only exception is keys, which are held by Lost and Found for 30 days.
If you left an item on an airplane, that item remains with that airline. It isn't sent to the airport Lost and Found. You'll need to contact the Lost and Found office of that airline to inquire about your lost item.
If you lost something at Security Checkpoint you must contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
The TSA and Sky Harbor Airport are separate entities, and Sky Harbor Airport cannot access the TSA Lost and Found.
- TSA Found Property Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m, Arizona time.
- TSA Phone Number: 602-626-1453
More About Lost and Found at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
- Items found on the shuttle buses and in the Rental Car Center come to the Phoenix Sky Harbor central Lost and Found. If an item is left in a rental car, then it goes to the rental car company. Each rental car company has its own lost and found.
- If an item is found in a parking lot or other out-of-terminal location, it might take a day or two to make its way to the Sky Harbor Lost and Found. It depends on where it is found, what time of day, and what the item is. Lost and Found receives items daily from the Information Counters, taxis, and shuttle buses.
- Some items aren't turned in right away; you might want to check a few times just in case it takes a few days for your item to reach the Lost and Found Department.
- Each item brought to the Sky Harbor Airport Lost and Found is given a property tag which documents the location, date and time found.
- Some items at Lost and Found are never claimed. Unclaimed credit cards and driver licenses are shredded. Other items are sent to the Police Department. They donate some items and auction other items.
- If you find that your lost item is, indeed, at the Lost and Find Department, you may be asked to pay in advance for the shipping expense.