Looking for an outdoor space to skateboard? The Washington DC area has several skate parks that are set up for public use.
Washington DC Skate Parks
- Washington DC Skate Park: Maloof Skate Park at RFK Stadium, Lot 3 (across from DC Armory) 2400 East Capitol Street, SE. Washington DC. Just opened in the Spring of 2012! The 15,000 square foot skate park's design was inspired by DC’s Freedom Plaza and Pennsylvania Avenue architecture. The park is free and open for public use.
Maryland Skate Parks
- Bowie Skate Park: Allen Pond Park, 3330 Northview Drive, Bowie, Maryland. The 10,000 square foot space is dedicated to skateboard and inline skating for all skill levels and abilities. The course includes rolled banks, rails, steps, quarterpipes, and a snake run that connects the bowl deck to the street course.
- Gaithersburg Skate Park: Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 South Frederick Avenue, Gaithersburg, Maryland. The skate park contains a dozen ramps, rails, and boxes. Featured amenities include a 200-watt stereo system, several quarters, a spine, bank, several smaller obstacles, and a misting system to keep skaters cool on hot summer days.
- Greenbelt Skate Park: 99 Centerway, Greenbelt, Maryland. (301) 474-5525. The 7,000 square foot concrete park offers a variety of skating elements including a 10-foot deep bowl. All users are required to register to the use the park.
- Olney Manor Skate Park: Olney Manor Recreational Park, 16601 Georgia Avenue, Olney, Maryland. The skate park opened in the spring of 2007 and has features for skaters of all skill levels. Features include “the Hubba Ledge, Steps with Handrail, Fun Box with Flat Rail, Pyramid Ledge, and the large Bowl.
- Rockville Skate Park: Welsh Park, 355 Martins Lane, Rockville, Maryland. (240) 314-8766. The skate park is operated by the City of Rockville and was created for in-line skaters, skateboarders, and freestyle bikers.
Northern Virginia Skate Parks
- Eric Brown Skate Plaza in Catoctin Park: Catoctin Circle, Leesburg, Virginia. (703) 737-7132. The skate park includes an assortment of obstacles, ramps, fun boxes, rail slides, and half-pipes for in-line skaters, skateboarders, and bikes.
- Powhatan Springs Park: 6020 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, Virginia. (703) 228-PLAY. The park offers skateboarding and in-line skating and has a combination of street-style elements, as well as, bowls and half-pipes. The park also has a children's rain garden and a youth athletic field.
- Schuyler Hamilton Jones Skateboard Park: 3540 Wheeler Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia. The skate park is run by the Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities and includes a variety of ramps and rails.
- Wakefield Skate Park: 8100 Braddock Road Annandale, Virginia (703) 321-7081. The park is run by the Fairfax County Park Authority and skateboarding, inline skating, and BMX biking on Freestyle and Competition courses. The Freestyle course consists of bank ramps, 4-foot quarter pipe, pyramid, grind rails and a grind box. The Competition course consists of a double jum-box, euro gap, bank ramp with kicker, roll-over radius, and a grind box. The park offers classes and camps for various skill levels.
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!