01 of 07
Vista Suites and Terrace Suites on the Silver Whisper
Vista Suites on the Silver Whisper
The Vista Suites on the Silver Whisper are on deck 4 and measure 287 square feet (27 square meters). Although they do not have a balcony, these suites have many amenities found in the higher level suites on other cruise ships. The basic amenities in the Vista Suites include:
- Large picture window providing panoramic ocean views
- Sitting area
- Twin beds or queen-sized bed
- Marbled bathroom with double vanity, full-sized bath, separate shower
- Walk-in wardrobe with personal safe
- Vanity table with hair dryer
- Writing desk
- Flat screen television with DVD and satellite reception
- CD player
- Radio/Alarm with iPod docking station
- Direct-dial telephone
- Wireless internet capability
Terrace Suites on the Silver Whisper
The Terrace Suites are on deck 5. They are the same size and have all the same amenities as the Vista Suites, but they also have a shared teak veranda and floor-to-ceiling glass doors.Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
Silver Whisper Veranda Suites and Mid-Ship Veranda Suites
Silver Whisper Veranda Suites
Veranda Suites are the largest category of accommodations on the Silver Whisper. These suites are found on decks 5, 6, 7, and 8. They measure 345 square feet (32 square meters). The interior of the suites (275 square feet) is almost identical in size and configuration and has the same amenities as the Vista Suites. However, they have a private teak veranda that measures 60 square feet.
Silver Whisper Mid-Ship Veranda Suites
The Mid-Ship Veranda Suites are located on decks 5,6,8, and 9. These suites are identical to the Veranda Suites. They are in a different category due to their convenient mid-ship location, which makes getting around the ship easier if a guest has trouble walking. The mid-ship location is also subject to less rocking in stormy weather.Continue to 3 of 7 below.
03 of 07
Silver Whisper Medallion Suite
The two Medallion Suites on the Silver Whisper are located mid-ship on deck 7. These nice suites are in a perfect location (next to the Owner's Suite) and are a good value for those who want a larger suite, but don't want to pay for a Silver Suite.
The Medallion Suites are 521 square feet (49 square meters), which includes an 81 square foot veranda. These suites have all the interior amenities of the Vista Suites, but also have a living room with a sitting area and a dining area. As seen in the photo above, the sleeping area in the Medallion Suites is separate from the rest of the suite.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
Silver Whisper Silver Suite
The Silver Whisper has 13 of the popular Silver Suites on deck 7 mid-ship. These suites range in size from 653–701 square feet (60–65 square meters), which includes a 110–123 square foot veranda.
With over 650 square feet, it is bigger than some small apartments! The Silver Suites have a separate sleeping area, a living/dining room combination, and a double veranda. I loved all the sunlight that streams into the suite during the day through the two large sliding glass doors and the nice patio furniture on the deck. Having a full-size dining table is wonderful for breakfast or other in-suite dining.
The design of the Silver Suite is especially good for traveling. The large walk-in closet separates the bedroom from the bath, so you don't have to worry about disturbing your suitemate who is sleeping in. The bath has two sinks and a separate shower and tub. The toilet has its own marble sink and two doors--one connecting with the bath and the other with the entry way, making it perfect for guests.
Other amenities guests can enjoy in the Silver Suite are:
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- Fresh fruit and flowers
- Frette bed linens, comfy pillows, and plush terry-cloth robes
- A choice of premium European bath amenities
- Refrigerator stocked with soft drinks, wine and beer
- Two remote-controlled televisions with satellite reception
- DVD player, and stereo CD
- Wireless Internet
05 of 07
Silver Whisper Royal Suite
The two Royal suites on the Silver Whisper (602 and 702) are on decks 6 and 7 forward. These suites, along with the Grand and Owner's Suites are among the largest and most luxurious suites on any cruise ship.
The Royal Suites can be configured as either one bedroom or two bedroom. The second bedroom is an adjoining Veranda Suite. The suite measures:
- One bedroom: 967–1,007 square feet or 90–94 square meters, which includes a veranda of 110–116 square feet
- Two bedroom: 1,312–1,352 square feet or 122–126square meters, which includes a veranda of 170–176 square feet
Due to the forward location, the suite on deck 6 is larger than the one on deck 7.
The Royal Suite features the following amenities:
Continue to 6 of 7 below.
- Large teak veranda with patio furniture and floor-to-ceiling glass doors; two-bedroom has additional veranda
- Living room with sitting area; two-bedroom has additional sitting area
- Separate dining area and bar
- Twin beds or queen-sized bed: two-bedroom has additional twin beds or queen-sized bed
- Two marbled bathrooms, one with double vanity, separate shower and full-sized whirlpool tub, plus a powder room; two-bedroom has additional marbled bathroom with full-sized bath
- Walk-in wardrobe(s) with personal safe
- Vanity table(s) with hair dryer
- Writing desk(s)
- Flat screen television(s) with DVD and satellite reception
- Bang & Olufsen audio system
- Radio/Alarm with iPod docking station
- Direct-dial telephone(s)
- Wireless Internet
06 of 07
Silver Whisper Grand Suite
The Silver Whisper has four Grand Suites--601, 701, 801, and 802. Like the Royal Suites, the Grand Suites are located forward on the ship and can be configured as either one or two bedroom by adding on the adjacent Veranda Suite (i.e. 603, 703, 803, 804). The Grand Suite sizes are:
- One bedroom: 941–1,090 square feet or 87–101 square meters including a veranda (103–116 square feet)
- Two bedroom: 1,286–1,435 square feet or 119–133 square meters including a veranda (163–176 square feet)
The layout and amenities in the Grand Suite are identical to the Royal Suite. Like the Royal Suites, the forward location of the suite makes the lower deck suite larger than the upper ones. However, as seen in the photo above, the bedroom in the Grand Suites on deck 8 have large forward facing windows. These bedroom windows are larger than those in the Royal and Grand Suites on the lower decks.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
Silver Whisper Owner's Suite
The two Owner's Suites on the Silver Whisper are mid-ship on deck 7. Like the Royal Suites and Grand Suites, these suites are luxurious and well-appointed. They also offer one or two bedroom configurations, but the second bedroom is a Vista Suite and does not have its own balcony. The Owner's Suites measure:
- One bedroom: 919 square feet (85 square meters) including veranda (220 square feet)
- Two bedroom: 1,264 square feet (117 square meters) including veranda (220 square feet)
The Owner's Suites have all the outstanding amenities found in the Royal Suites and Grand Suites. Since they are located mid-ship, they should be quieter in rough waters than the suites located in the forward area of the ship.