Boise visitors will find lots of fun opportunities to shop. There are local boutiques and galleries where you can pick up a memento of your time in Boise, Idaho. There are shopping malls with popular national chain stores, selling everything from clothing to electronics to sporting goods. Boise's Capitol City Public Market provides a particularly fun way to spend your time and money, offering locally produced foods and craft items along with great food and live music. There are also a few specialty retailers in Boise that offer uncommon shopping opportunities.
01 of 06
Capitol City Public Market
Held from April through December, the Capitol City Public Market is a farmers market and much more. All the products, from fruits and vegetables to honey and baked goods, are grown or created by local producers. In addition to all the delectable fresh food and drink, market booths also sell the wares of local craftspeople. The Capitol City Public Market takes place on Saturdays in downtown Boise, running west from Grove Plaza along 8th Street, and also along Idaho Street.
02 of 06
Art Galleries in Boise
Boise has several great art galleries, many located downtown. The city's monthly "First Thursday" event is an evening when downtown shops and galleries offer a little extra welcome in the way of refreshments or special offers.
- Art Source Gallery Fine Art - This juried gallery showcases the work of art co-op members.
- NfiniT Art Gallery - Located at 8th Street Marketplace, this Boise art gallery showcases works in all media, including paintings, glass, jewelry, and ceramics.
- Gallery 601 - Original paintings and prints are the focus of this friendly gallery.
- Boise Art Glass - This downtown glass blowing studio and gallery features colorful glass objects of all kinds, from usable lamps and vessels to decorative bowls and knickknacks.
03 of 06
8th Street Marketplace
Boise's downtown enclave of local boutiques, art galleries, and trendy eateries, 8th Street Marketplace occupies a historic structure that has been updated and designed to create an environment that fosters creativity.
04 of 06
Boise Towne Square Mall
This major Boise mall has all the popular national chain stores you could ask for, along with salons and other personal and professional services. Major departments stores include Macy's, Sears, Kohl's, Dillard's, and JCPenney. The neighborhoods around Boise Towne Square Mall are home to a number of big-box retailers, including Cabela's, Best Buy, and Target.Continue to 5 of 6 below.
05 of 06
Boise Factory Outlets
Boise's outlet mall is a great place to search out those great deals. Stores include Pendleton, Eddie Bauer, Levi's, Reebok, and Wilson's Leather.
06 of 06
Other Notable Shopping Opportunities
Every city has a few specialty shops and retailers that are worth going out of your way to visit. Here are some of Boise's:
- The Basque Market - Located in Boise's Basque district, this market prepares and serves traditional Basque foods, either to enjoy on-site or to take home. There is also a selection of Basque and Spanish food products and wines.
- Cabela's - One of only two Cabela's locations in Idaho, this grand sporting goods store offers tons of gear, clothing, and home items that will appeal to any outdoors-person. Other fun reasons to visit this Cabela's is the on-site "General Store Fudge Shop", the aquarium and animal exhibits, the scheduled workshops, and the expansive gun library.
- Swim and Run Shop - Offering clothing, accessories, and gear suitable for triathletes, Boise's Swim and Run Shop prides itself on its wide selection of swimwear. Available year round, their inventory includes bathing suits in all styles, including hard-to-find sizes.
- Boise Co-op - Featuring products that are healthy and environmentally-friendly, Boise Co-op carries the full range of groceries, beauty, and personal care items, and housewares. Their extensive selection of beers and wines enhances the store's local popularity.