- Travel writer who specializes in Montreal and Quebec City and is a committed Francophile who loves all things French-Canadian
- Has written articles for USA Today, Dreamscapes, Aol, Matador.com, Vacay.ca, Travel+Escape, "The Travel Guides to Canada," Halifax Herald, "Frommer’s Budget Travel," and Mastercard Priceless Cities
Sherel Purcell has published travel stories in Canadian and American newspapers and magazines. Her travel tips appear in Frommer's, "Smart Traveler's Passport" and Budget Travel magazine. One of her travel stories won an editorial award from Parenting Publications of America. When she's not traveling or writing, Purcell teaches travel and tourism as well as writer's craft classes at local high schools. She also wrote eight articles about Montreal and Quebec City over the course of a year for TripSavvy.
Sherel Purcell holds a Bachelor of Education from Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada; and a Bachelor of Arts (with honors) in psychology from Saint Francis Xavier University in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. She has also studied advanced feature writing at Ryerson University in Toronto, as well as photography and video at The Ontario College of Art and Design.Publications
Sherel Purcell's published travel-related articles include:
- "Explore One of Golfweek's Best Courses in Beautiful Temecula," published July 18, 2018, on USA Today's website.
- "England and Scotland: Greatest Hits," published in the spring 2014 edition of "Dreamscapes," a travel and lifestyles magazine
- "A Neighborhood Guide of Toronto’s Ossington Strip," published on Ziptopia, a website that markets car-sharing services worldwide
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.