Setting up Utilities in Pulaski County

Most utilities require a photo ID.  You also must provide most utilities with a social security number and a credit release.  Some require a signed closing letter or statement of lease.  A statement of good status from your previous utility provider can be helpful for waving deposits.

You might also want to checkout the newcomers guide for more helpful relocation tips.

Water and Sewage:

Most central Arkansas water is provided by Central Arkansas Water (CAW), which also does the billing for Little Rock Wastewater.  To initiate service, call 501-372-5161.  A deposit is required.  You must be present when the meter is turned on, or you can turn on the meter yourself (they have instructions).  There is a $15 activation fee.  The deposit is equal to approximately a two-month average bill.  Deposits can be waived for people with good credit who sign-up for automatic billing and are refunded after 12 months of on-time payments. CAW has an informative website.

Jacksonville and Maumelle have their own water companies.  For Jacksonsville call 501-982-0581.  For Maumelle, call 501-851-3077

Natural Gas:

Centerpoint provides natural gas to most customers in Little Rock.  To initiate service, call 1-800-992-7552 or fill out a form online.  In some cases, deposits of twice the expected monthly service fee are required.  There is an activation fee of $37.


Entergy provides most of the electricity for Central Arkansas.  To setup service, you can fill out an online form or call 1-800-368-3749.  The deposit required is $215. 

For North Little Rock, North Little Rock Electric Department provides some service.  Call 501-975-8888.  Their deposit is $100.


AT&T provides landline telephones to Little Rock.  To set-up new service, call 1-800-464-7928.  Installation is $45, but prices can vary depending on the home's current setup.

Cable, Broadband and Television:

Central Arkansas has several options for cable and Internet.  The two most common choices are Comcast Cable Xfinity (which also provides broadband Internet) and AT&T U-Verse (which can be bundled with TV, Internet and phone).  To setup service with ATT, visit their websiteor call 1-800-288-2020 (not all options will be available in all locations).  To set up service with Comcast, visit their website or call 1-800-934-6489.

Other options are Suddenlink (Internet and television) and Windstream (Internet only).  Fidelity Cable (Internet and television) is also available in some cities (and it's the only cable choice in a few cities in central Arkansas).

Trash and Recycling:

You don't have to setup trash services, but it can be helpful to familiarize yourself with schedules and holidays.  Here are the websites for the local solid waste departments.

Was this page helpful?