September 2014 is a month of varied activities and interests. Miley Cyrus is in town, as are Capital Cities. But overshadowing both of them is legendary guitarist José Feliciano. There's also a fun expo for foodies, an expo of erotic art, and one of the largest fishing tournaments in the Caribbean celebrating a remarkable 61 years of competition this month.
- September 3-9: Celebrating its 61st year, the San Juan International Billfish Tournament brings big-game anglers from around the globe to one of the premier events in the sport. Plan for plenty of fishing and partying.
- September 6: Capital Cities performs for one night at the Puerto Rico Convention Center in San Juan. You can get tickets here.
- September 11: The always controversial Miley Cyrus brings her Bangerz tour to the San Juan Coliseum in Hato Rey (an interesting side note; The Dominican Republic has actually banned this tour, but Puerto Rico has no problem with Miley!).
- September 20: The incomparable José Feliciano returns to Puerto Rico to perform his greatest hits at the Centro de Bellas Artes in Santurce.
- September 20-21: What's better than coffee and chocolate? How about a Coffee and Chocolate Expo? Held at the Puerto Rico Convention Center, it's the largest event of its kind in the Caribbean. Celebrating its 5th year, it's a chance for foodies and industry professionals to mingle, share some of the tastiest stuff on earth, and attend workshops, barista classes, a chocolate and wine tasting, and much more.
- September 27: Erosland brings erotic art, sex education and artistic erotica performances to the Puerto Rico Convention Center.
- September 28: Tour de Vida is a fully sponsored cycling event designed to help educate people about the importance of organ and tissue donation. While registration is over, you can come out in support of the cyclists as they travel from San Juan to Caguas and back.