The Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is considered by many to be Northwest Florida's finest golf resort. With four championship courses to choose from, and a host of other resort activities to entertain the entire family, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort has to be the perfect destination for both golfers and non-golfers. The resort is situated on more than 2400 acres of prime Florida real estate. Sandestin is a single strand of beautiful beaches on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico to the west, and the quiet waters of the vast Choctawhatchee Bay to the east.
My own experiences of Sandestin go back more than 30 years; that’s how long I’ve been visiting the area. In fact, I remember a time when Sandestin was little more than a strip of dusty, oceanside road and a single frame-built motel. As long as I’ve been visiting, however, I’ve yet to figure out exactly what part Sandistin plays in the great crescent that forms the Emerald Coast.
It’s not part of Destin, although as you drive from one to the other you’ll never know the difference. Sandestin seems to have become the overspill for Destin’s explosive growth. The two are inexorably intertwined. And that’s a good thing.
Sandestin is all things to all people: the beaches are beautiful, almost beyond description; the shopping (the vast complex that is the Silver Sands Factory Stores is my wife’s only reason to visit) is varied and extensive; the golf… well, the golf is superb.
Four championship layouts, including the out-of-this-world Burnt Pines design by Rees Jones.
Those of us who know Sandestin are intimately familiar with its four award-winning golf courses. Designed by Rees Jones, Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Tom Jackson, they represent a 72-hole golf complex that competes on level turf with the best in Florida.
Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort Amenities:
- 7.5 miles of sugar-white gulf-front beach and crystal emerald waters
- Baytowne Marina, a 98-slip, full-service marina able to accommodate up to 140' yachts
- Jolee Island Nature Park
- Sandestin Fitness Center
- Sandestin Day Spa & Salon
- Free resort-wide tram transportation service for all guests
- 17 swimming pools located throughout the property
- Tennis center with 15 courts in hard, natural grass, and Hydrogrid clay surfaces
- Activities such as beach volleyball, boogie boards, hiking, bicycling, kayaking, and more
- The Village of Baytowne Wharf features more than 40 specialty merchants, eateries, and nightclubs
- Intercoastal Waterway and the Gulf of Mexico
- The Market Shops at Sandestin
- Sunset cruises
- Deep sea charter fishing boats - Destin
Where to Stay:
To me, there's no reason to stay anywhere else but on site at the Sandestin Resort. If, however, you're looking for a multi location vacation, you might like to consider the following:
- Destin Hotel Guide
- More Northwest Gulf Coast Golf Resorts
The closest regional airport is the Fort Walton Beach Airport. The airport is served by Delta, Continental, US Air, AirTran, American, Northwest, and several others.
Florida’s Northwest Gulf Coast offers an amazing diversity of golf courses and resorts to choose from. This is one I can personally recommend.