Santa is busy during the holiday season attending Washington, D.C. area parades, Christmas tree lighting ceremonies and visiting a variety of shopping malls. So be sure to take time to visit him and take some great photos. Here is a guide to help you find the best places to see Santa in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia.
- Reston Town Center - Reston, VA. Reston Town Center hosts many holiday activities including a holiday parade, visits with Santa, a Christmas Tree lighting ceremony and much more.
- Manassas Christmas Parade - Old Town Manassas, VA. Celebrate the Christmas season each year with a weekend of old-fashioned family fun at the "Merry Old Town" celebration. Festivities include a parade, Christmas tree lighting ceremony, visits with Santa, free carriage rides and more.
- Bethesda Winter Wonderland - Downtown Bethesda, MD. The annual Winter Wonderland is a community holiday celebration featuring a variety of entertainment and performances, a live ice sculpting presentation and a visit from Santa Claus.
- Breakfast with Santa at the Kentlands Mansion - 320 Kent Square Road, Gaithersburg, MD. Children will visit with Santa while dining on a delicious breakfast buffet that features pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage, breakfast pastries and fruit. The Mansion is beautifully landscaped with manicured lawns, lovely trees and shimmering lakes, making a perfect setting for a holiday gathering. Reservations are required.
- Holly TrolleyFest - Saturdays and Sundays through December. National Capital Trolley Museum, 1313 Bonifant Road Silver Spring, MD. Ride with Santa on the street cars and enjoy a model garden railway and holiday village.
- Santarchy DC - Downtown Washington, D.C. Find a Santa suit and join hundreds of Santas as they visit major sites and spread some holiday cheer around the nation's capital.
- Roof Terrace Restaurant at the Kennedy Center - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F Street, NW Washington, D.C. Sunday brunch with Santa. Seatings begin at 10 a.m. Admirers will get a chance to visit with Santa and sit on his lap to share their holiday wish lists while also indulging in some of their favorite fare.
- The Water-Skiing Santa - Old Town Alexandria, VA. This unusual annual event, held each year on Christmas Eve, features flying elves, the Jet-skiing Grinch, and Frosty the Snowman performing on the Potomac River.
Shopping Mall Santas
Visit Santa throughout the holiday season at the following shopping malls in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Mazza Gallerie - 5300 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C.
- Lake Forest Mall – 701 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD
- Potomac Mills – 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- Dulles Town Center - 21100 Dulles Town Circle, Sterling, VA
- Tysons Corner Center – 1961 Chain Bridge Road, Tysons, VA
- Fair Oaks Mall - 11750 Fair Oaks Mall, Fairfax, VA