When you go to New York City, a fun thing to do is watch "Good Morning America" (GMA) in person outside its Times Square studio. All you have to do is pick the date you want to be in the audience and request tickets online.
ABC's popular morning show has entertained and informed audiences since 1975 with a combination of segments covering the news, weather, human interest stories, and pop culture. The show competes with NBC's "Today Show," and the programs go back and forth as far as which one gets the best ratings. "Good Morning America" has been the most watched morning show in total viewers each year since the summer of 2012.
People love the show's current hosts: Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Michael Strahan with entertainment anchor Lara Spencer and weather anchor Ginger Zee. Past hosts have included David Hartman, Nancy Dussault, Sandy Hill, Joan Lunden, Charles Gibson, Lisa McRee, Kevin Newman, and Diane Sawyer.
Good Morning America Broadcasts
To help you plan to attend the "Good Morning America" show, here are some tips and facts.
- The show airs Monday–Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. (in all time zones) from its Times Square studio at the corner of West 44th Street and Broadway.
- The audience gathers on the corner at 7 a.m.
- The audience takes part in outdoor segments and gets a front-row view of the weathercasts and other segments with the hosts.
- The recommended age for audience members is a minimum of 16 years old.
- Some people may be selected to go to the standing room area inside the studio. The studio can accommodate approximately 100 audience members.
Tips for Audience Members
- Bring a photo ID for security clearance in case you are invited into the studio.
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather because you'll be standing outside for several hours.
- Avoid clothing that endorses a business or product.
- Bring signs, but don't include website addresses or product endorsements.
- Arrive early. Some people get there as early as 5:30 a.m.
- Stand near the outdoor set if you want a good chance to be on television.
How to GMA Tickets
To be a part of the live audience, request tickets online. Tickets are free and can go quickly. Submitting a request doesn't guarantee that you'll get a ticket. You may be put on a waitlist. If tickets become available, you will be notified by email.
GMA Day Live
In 2018 the producers of GMA added a third hour of "Good Morning America" to its schedule. The network named the third hour "GMA Day." GMA co-host Michael Strahan and "The View" co-host Sara Haines co-host the show, which airs weekdays at 1 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. CT/PT.
You can attend a live taping of the show by requesting free tickets online on the same site where you get your GMA tickets.
How to Attend the Summer Concert Series
The Good Morning America Summer Concert Series features the biggest names in music and takes place from May through September. The concerts are free and open to the public; however, some concerts require advance tickets.
The concerts are Fridays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m in Central Park. If you'd like to attend, arrive at Rumsey Playfield via the 72nd Street entrance on Fifth Avenue at 6 a.m.
If you're part of a group that would like to attend one of the concerts, e-mail: email@example.com with "Summer Concert Series” in the subject line.