ABC's morning show, Good Morning America, has been entertaining and informing audiences since 1975 with a combination of segments that cover the news, weather, human interest stories and pop culture. The show competes with NBC's Today Show and the two go back and forth as far as which one is most popular. People love the show's hosts: Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos, Lara Spencer, and Amy Robach, as well as Ginger Zee, the show's weather anchor.
Past hosts have included David Hartman, Nancy Dussault, Sandy Hill, Joan Lunden, Charles Gibson, Lisa McRee, Kevin Newman, Diane Sawyer, Chris Cuomo, Juju Chang, Josh Elliott and Sam Champion.
Good news: tickets are not required to see Good Morning America. The audience can watch the taping from the large windows outside of the studio. Attendees love calling home to let them know to watch the show and see if they make it on TV! Since it airs live, there's instant gratification (& perhaps jealousy from your friends back home!)
What to Know About Good Morning America Tickets
- Good Morning America airs Monday - Friday from 7 - 9 a.m. from its Times Square studio at the corner of West 44th Street and Broadway.
- The audience gathers on the corner at 7 a.m., but some audience members arrive as early as 5:30-6 a.m.
- They take part in any outdoor segments and get a front row seat to Ginger Zee’s weather-casts and other segments with the GMA anchors.
- All ages are welcome in Good Morning America audiences.
- Wear comfortable shoes and avoid clothing that endorses a business or product. You'll also want to dress for the weather, since most likely you'll be outside for several hours.
- Bring photo ID for security clearance in case you are invited into the studio.
- You're welcome to bring signs, but they shouldn't have website addresses or product endorsements.
- If you're lucky, you may get chosen to go into the standing room area inside of the studio. The studio can accommodate about 100 audience members.
- You might also have the opportunity to see some of the show's anchors if they come outside to do a segment.
- You'll have the best chance of being on TV if you choose a spot near their outdoor set.
Groups Who Want to See Good Morning America
If you're part of a group who would like to attend one of Good Morning America's summer concerts in Central Park on Friday mornings in the summer, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Summer Concert Series” in the subject line.