01 of 07
World's Premier Marine Adventure Park
SeaWorld has perfected an excellent recipe for a day of adventure. Combine spectacular entertainment with animal interactions; and, as they like to say, and thrilling rides to have a "fin-tastic" time.
As the world's premier marine adventure park, SeaWorld Orlando features 200 acres of world-class shows, thrilling rides, and unforgettable animal encounters. SeaWorld guests can get splashed by Shamu, dine eye-to-eye with sharks, sleep next to manatees, or be suspended mid-air on a state-of-the-art roller coaster – all in one adventure-packed day.
If you're planning a vacation to SeaWorld Orlando, learning a little bit about the area and what to expect will help you get the most from your time and vacation dollars.
My Orlando Vacation Planner, which provides helpful information and tips for planning your vacation, can help you address any questions that might not be covered here.
First, let's look at some frequently asked questions about Orlando and SeaWorld:
What is... Orlando's weather like? Check out Orlando's monthly average temperatures and rainfall.
When is hurricane season? The Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1 and ends November 30, with the highest storm probability is from August through October. Follow these handy tips for traveling during hurricane season. | More Hurricane Information |
When is the best time to go? If you are planning to visit SeaWorld Orlando on vacation, one of the hardest things to do is choose when to visit. While special events and promotions may have some influence on theme park attendance; historically, SeaWorld's highest theme park attendances tend to be influenced by certain holidays. These month-by-month guides to Florida will give you an insight into when are the best times of the year to visit.
Where is SeaWorld Orlando located? SeaWorld Orlando is located at the intersection of Interstate 4 and FL 528 (the Bee Line Expressway) and is just 10 minutes south of downtown Orlando and 15 minutes from Orlando International Airport.
Are there any SeaWorld ticket deals? Yes. The Fun Card is an awesome deal for Florida residents. Purchase of a Fun Card allows the holder unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando during the calendar year. Visitors can also purchase a Fun Card that includes unlimited admission to both SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Garden Tampa Bay.
Also, military personnel are allowed FREE admission through SeaWorld's Waves of Honor program.
What is SeaWorld's PhotoKey? PhotoKey is photo sharing program that allows guests to collect, view and share their memorable in-park experiences. The card allows guests to view and share photos taken by in-park photographers instantly with the PhotoKey mobile app (available for download on Android and iPhone devices) or PhotoKey website. PhotoKey purchase is in addition to required park admission.Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
SeaWorld Orlando Shows
Of course, no visit to SeaWorld creates more memories than its array of spectacular shows featuring its marine stars.
- Blue Horizon* - This unique theatrical spectacular features dolphins, tropical birds, and acrobats. (Pictured above.)
- Clyde & Seamore's Sea Lion High* - If sea lion stars Clyde and Seamore are involved, it's always hilarious!
- One Ocean* - This thrilling Shamu show will enchant you with dancing fountains, vivid colors and the energy of global rhythms.
- Pets Ahoy!* - Land lovers will enjoy the Pets Ahoy show featuring a multi-talented menagerie of dogs, cats, birds, rats, pot-bellied pigs and skunks performing silly skits and surprising stunts with a comical twist. Most impressive is the fact that nearly all of the fabulous furry and feathered performers of Pets Ahoy were rescued from local animals shelters before they found fame at SeaWorld.
One-time reserved Signature Show Seating is available for $14.00* (ages 3 and up) for Shamu Stadium, Dolphin Theater, Seaport... Theater, Sea Lion & Otter Stadium.
* Prices and shows may vary by season.Continue to 3 of 7 below.
03 of 07
SeaWorld Orlando Rides and Exhibits
Take adventure to the extreme by hopping aboard SeaWorld's hair-raising thrill rides:
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin - Be transported to the rarely seen and icy world of Antarctica. Choose a "mild" or "wild" version of adventure in this trackless, motion-based simulator experience.
- Journey to Atlantis - It was the first attraction in the world to combine the awesome adventure of a high-speed water ride and a careening roller coaster. It includes two of the steepest, wettest and fastest drops to be found at any theme park in the world.
- Kraken - This monster of a coaster is fast, tall, long and "floorless!" Kraken thrusts riders 15 stories in the air traveling at speeds of 65 mph and turns passengers upside down several times.
- Mako - Named for one of the ocean's fastest known sharks, Mako will debut during the summer of 2016. This 200-foot tall coaster will reach 73 mph along 4,760 feet of steel track (almost a mile long) leaving riders weightless (and... possibly breathless).
- Manta - Experience this "flying" roller coaster and find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant ray. Can you survive the head-first, face-down, inverted nosedive?
Explore these amazing exhibits:
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin - After the ride, step off into a penguins' colony where you'll experience their world both above and below the ice.
- Dolphin Cove - Watch a playful group of bottlenose dolphins above and below the surface of the water at this interactive dolphin pool.
- Pacific Point Reserve - Watch the sea lions and seals frolic as you learn more about these fun animals.
- Shamu Underwater Viewing - Get an up-close view of the killer whales at this special underwater viewing area.
- Shark Encounter - Journey through one of the world's largest underwater viewing tunnels and experience an up-close look at the predators that have dominated the sea.
- Turtle Trek - This 3D 360° theater showcases the vulnerable sea turtle. Find out what it's like to be a turtle and follow their journey from hatching on a beach to the hardships they face as they mature.
Want to beat the long lines? Quick Queue Unlimited** will give you unlimited front-of-the-line access for just $19.00* (for ages 3 and up) to the following rides and exhibits: Manta, Kraken, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, Journey to Atlantis, TurtleTrek, Sky Tower and Wild Arctic.
* Prices are subject to change.
** Ride height and safety restrictions apply.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
SeaWorld Orlando Special Events
Plan your vacation around one of these annual SeaWorld Orlando events:
SeaWorld Orlando's Praise Wave - Saturdays in March - Guests to SeaWorld Orlando can experience a day of fun and fellowship in a Christian atmosphere. Enjoy live performances from the hottest names in Christian music, as well as amazing shows and thrill rides.
SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ - Weekends in March - The recipe for this popular event combines savory barbeque, ice-cold beer, a heaping of thrill rides and a dash of seasoned performances. It's not just the barbeque that's smokin' hot, the sizzlin' performances from award-winning country and classic rock artists serve up a zesty mix of family fun.
SeaWorld Orlando's Halloween Spooktacular - Weekends in October - Halloween meets the sea during these family-friendly festivities. Youngsters trick-or-treat among friendly sea witches, octopuses, mermaids, pumpkin fish and more. The not-very-scary celebration is included with... park admission and begins at noon each Saturday and Sunday and continues until closing.
Viva la Musica - Saturdays in April & May - The annual festival features the food, fun, sights, and sounds of Latin culture and features live concerts by internationally renowned Latin musical artists... all included with regular park admission.
SeaWorld Orlando's Christmas Celebration - Select Dates November & December - Celebrate the holidays with frosty fun in sunny Florida at SeaWorld Orlando. On special days, guests can hop aboard The Polar Express Experience and arrive at SeaWorld's Wild Arctic, which is transformed into the North Pole. Additionally, enjoy special holiday shows and treats. All holiday experiences and shows are included with regular SeaWorld Orlando admission.
Summer Nights - June through August - An evening encore nighttime extravaganza, featuring extended hours, a high-energy Shamu show, hilarious hijinks of a nighttime sea lion show and a nightly fireworks finale.
Wild Days - Weekends in January - Notable animal handlers, like Jack Hanna, are on hand as well as up-close animal experiences are included in regular SeaWorld Orlando admission.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Dining at SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando offers choices in dining that is sure to please the pickiest eater, from pint-sized preschoolers to testy teens. Let's face it, sometimes the hardest part of an adventurous day is deciding where to eat... and, whether it will be healthy.
SeaWorld's restaurants offer fresh ingredients and healthy alternatives, so whether you choose a quick sandwich, pizza, family-style meal, fancy fare or an up-close dining experience, you can be assured that your family is eating healthy.
- Captain Pete's** - Grab a quick lunch or snack at this Key West-style eatery featuring hot dogs and fries.
- Expedition Café** - This grab and go food court near Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin features a selection of American, Asian and Italian platters. Children's menus are available.
- Mama's Pretzel Kitchen** - Featuring an outdoor dining patio near Shamu Stadium, this Mama knows how to make pretzels into unique creations, such as Mama's Meatball Pretzel Twist, Bacon... Pretzel Twist, and Pretzel-wrapped bratwurst. Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Nuggets make a great on-the-go snack too.
- Mango Joe's** - This casual "castaway" cuisine combines fresh island flavors into mouth-watering salads and sandwiches. Kids meals are available.
- Seafire Grill** - Enjoy Tex-Mex flavors in Seafire's famous steak or chicken fajitas and rice bowls, plus salads. Children can order either chicken tenders or hot dog served with fries and baby carrots. Assorted desserts and beverages are available.
- Seaport Pizza** - Enjoy cheese, pepperoni, supreme or veggie pizza with assorted desserts and fresh fruit.
- Spice Mill** - Savory spices in every bite from flavorful Cajun jambalaya to exotic the Caribbean jerk chicken sandwiches.
- Terrace BBQ - Finger linking smoked ribs and chicken are served with southern-style side dishes. BBQ chicken salad is also available.
Shark's Underwater Grill** - In one of SeaWorld's finest restaurants, feast on blackened sea scallops, filet mignon, pan-seared snapper and more, prepared with fresh "Floibbean" flair. The children's menu features popcorn shrimp, pasta, and chicken.
- Dine with Shamu** - Dine poolside at Shamu Stadium in this exclusive opportunity to enjoy a private buffet as trainers give you a rare glimpse inside the remarkable world they share with Shamu. Prices start at $29.00* plus tax for adults and $19.00* plus tax for children.
* Prices are subject to change without notice.
** Alcoholic beverages are available at this location. You must be 21 years of age to purchase or consume alcohol in Florida. Valid ID is required.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
Where to Stay When Visiting SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando partners with several nearby hotels to offer a variety of accommodations and packages, including eat free or kids stay free deals. The hotels offer a variety of amenities and in-room amenities, plus perks** for staying in an "official" SeaWorld Orlando hotel.
Read the amenities for each hotel carefully and look over "things to know before you go." At least one hotel charges a daily resort fee, their Internet is fee-based and there is a hefty daily parking fee that is not included in your package, while at others do not charge a resort fee and Internet and parking are complimentary. At least a couple of hotels are pet-friendly, although a there is a weight restriction of 30 pounds and a $75.00 non-refundable pet fee.
Additional accommodations are available at Orlando's International Drive area. It is close by SeaWorld and offers a wide variety of accommodations for every budget. While transportation is available to SeaWorld Orlando from International... Drive via the I-Drive Trolley, other perks will likely not be available.
* Benefits are subject to change without notice.
**SeaWorld Orlando perks include complimentary Quick Queue at SeaWorld (front-of-the-line access), a $19.00 value, complimentary transportation, 10% discounted dining at SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica, 10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more at SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica, and early entry into SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica on select dates.Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
SeaWorld Orlando Ticket Prices
Clearly, theme park tickets in Orlando have risen to an all time high; but, as of January, 2016, SeaWorld Orlando has some of the best offers when tickets are purchased online in advance (these prices are available online only - not available at entry gate).
- *Single-Day Ticket to SeaWorld Orlando - $79.00 (Ages 3 & Up)
Parking is not included. Valid one year from purchase date.
- *Two-Day Ticket to SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica - $99.99 (Ages 3 & Up)
Parking is not included. First visit valid one year from purchase date. Second visit must be used within six months of first visit.
- *Three-Day Ticket to SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica - $109.00 (Ages 3 & Up)
Parking is not included. First visit valid one year from purchase date. Second and third visit must be used within six months of first visit.
- *Unlimited Ticket to SeaWorld Orlando or Aquatica - $139.00 (Ages 3 & Up)
Unlimited visits and FREE parking for 14 consecutive days. First visit valid one year from purchase date. Ticket... expires 14 days after first visit.
Florida residents should remember that the Fun Card is an excellent way to enjoy SeaWorld Orlando throughout the year. Simply purchase your Fun Card near the beginning of the year for about the amount of a single-day ticket and enjoy the park for free (except for parking) the rest of the calendar year!
Don't forget that military personnel are allowed FREE admission through SeaWorld's Waves of Honor program.
Annual passes are available for both Florida residents and visitors. Florida residents only qualify for a one-year of monthly EZpay payments. All annual passes are good for one year from purchase date. Prices begin at $168.00 for an Annual pass. Members enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited admission for 12 months with no blackout dates
- Free general parking
- $5 Preferred Parking
- 10% off dining & shopping
- 2016 exclusive monthly rewards at SeaWorld Orlando
- 50% off single-day guest tickets
- Savings on select tours, camps, and animal interaction programs
- Savings on strollers, wheelchairs and motorized cart rentals
- EZpay monthly payments available
SeaWorld Orlando All-Day Dining Deal is $34.99 for adults and $19.99 for children. Purchase and receive a wristband to enjoy all-you-care-to-eat-and-drink all day at participating restaurants: Voyager’s Smokehouse (Excludes Baby Back Ribs), Spice Mill, Terrace Café, Mango Joe’s, Seaport Pizza, Seafire Grill.
PhotoKey is photo sharing program that allows guests to collect, view and share their memorable in-park experiences. The card allows guests to view and share photos taken by in-park photographers instantly with the PhotoKey mobile app (available for download on Android and iPhone devices) or PhotoKey website. PhotoKey purchase is in addition to required park admission as is $74.99, plus tax for one day. Annual PhotoKey access to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica is $149.99, plus tax.
One-time reserved Signature Show Seating is available for $14.00* (ages 3 and up) for Shamu Stadium, Dolphin Theater, Seaport Theater, Sea Lion & Otter Stadium.
Quick Queue Unlimited** will give you unlimited front-of-the-line access for just $19.00* (for ages 3 and up) to the following rides and exhibits: Manta, Kraken, Antarctica: Empire of the Penquin, Journey to Atlantis, TurtleTrek, Sky Tower and Wild Arctic.
* Other restrictions and requirements may apply.
- *Single-Day Ticket to SeaWorld Orlando - $79.00 (Ages 3 & Up)