The holiday season gets going in November, with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and the kickoff to Christmas. There are also plenty of music, sports and performing arts events to keep Salt Lakers busy and entertained the whole month long.
01 of 29
The Jazz have a full NBA schedule in November, with lots of new names on the roster:
Games are televised regionally on ROOT SPORTS (excluding some nationally televised games). ROOT SPORTS channels vary by provider - Comcast: SD - 52, HD - 693 DirecTV: SD - 684, HD - 684.1 DISH: channel varies, usually between 440-450 and 470-480 RADIO: 1280 AM KZNS/97.5 FM.
- Saturday, Nov. 1 - Utah Jazz vs. Phoenix, 7 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 3 - Utah Jazz @ L.A. Clippers, 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 5 - Utah Jazz vs. Cleveland, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 7 - Utah Jazz vs. Dallas, 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 9 - Utah Jazz @ Detroit, 4 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 10 - Utah Jazz @ Indiana, 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 12 - Utah Jazz @ Atlanta, 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 14 - Utah Jazz @ New York, 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 15 - Utah Jazz @ Toronto, 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 18 - Utah Jazz vs. Oklahoma City, 7 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 21 - Utah Jazz @ Golden State, 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 22 - Utah Jazz vs. New Orleans, 7 p.m. (NBATV)
- Monday,... Nov. 24 - Utah Jazz vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 26 - Utah Jazz @ Oklahoma City, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 29 - Utah Jazz vs. L.A. Clippers, 7 p.m.
301 W. South Temple
Tickets $8-$162, check website for promotions
02 of 29
Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Thanksgiving Point. The Show Barn will be filled with the sights and sounds of the holiday. Don't miss this mix of family history, beautiful art, lively music, and delicious food. Dancers representing the colorful traditions of Latin American countries perform along with mariachi bands, singers, and storytellers.
Young Adult Dance: Friday, October 31, 7-11 p.m.
Festival and All Ages Dance: Saturday, Nov. 1, 10 p.m. to midnight
Adults: $8 in advance, $10 day of event
Kids 12 and under free
3003 N. Thanksgiving Way in Lehi
There will be a special Monday Night Activity on Monday, November 3 from 5-8 pm
03 of 29
RSL faces the LA Galaxy in the Western Conference semi-final round of the MLS Cup Playoffs:
- Saturday, Nov. 1, time TBA vs. LA Galaxy (MLS Western Conference Semifinal)
- Sunday, Nov. 9, time TBA @ LA Galaxy (MLS Western Conference Semifinal)
Rio Tinto Stadium
9256 S. State St. in Sandy
04 of 29
Body Worlds & The Cycle of Life is the latest exhibition from physician and anatomist Dr. Gunther von Hagens. As we age, we experience the body in different ways. This exhibit celebrates the wonders of the body in childhood, adulthood and across the arc of aging. More than 200 plastinates—real human specimens preserved through Dr. von Hagens’ invention, the process of Plastination—reveal the human body in all its stages and in all its conditions, from health to distress to disease.
209 E. 500 S.
Exhibit opens Sept. 27, 2014
Tickets $11.95-$19.95Continue to 5 of 29 below.
05 of 29
The Depot, a live music venue in the historic Union Pacific building at The Gateway, hosts ten shows this month:
- The Smokers Club Tour starring Method Man & Redman - Saturday, Nov. 1
- The Airborne Toxic Event - Monday, Nov. 3
- Greensky Bluegrass - Wednesday, Nov. 5
- RJD2 - Saturday, Nov. 8
- Deltron 3030 - Monday, Nov. 10
- Citizen Cope with full band - Friday, Nov. 14
- Friends of the Bob & Tom Show Comedy Tour - Saturday, Nov. 15
- Alex Clare - Saturday, Nov. 22
- A Night With Chrissie Hynde - Monday, Nov. 24
- Royal Bliss - Wednesday, Nov. 26
400 W. South Temple
06 of 29
The University of Utah Utes finish out the Pac-12 season in November. Click on the link above for the Utes' full 2014 schedule, plus TV info and links to pregame and postgame press coverage.
- Saturday, Nov. 1: Utah Utes @ Arizona State Sun Devils
- Saturday, Nov. 8: Utah Utes vs. Oregon Ducks
- Saturday, Nov. 15: Utah Utes @ Stanford Cardinals
- Saturday, Nov. 22: Utah Utes vs. Arizona Wildcats
- Saturday, Nov. 29: Utah Utes @ Colorado Buffaloes
07 of 29
Here's the November lineup for The State Room, one of SLC's favorite small music venues.
- The Rural Alberta Advantage - Saturday, Nov. 1
- The Oh Hellos - Monday, Nov. 3
- Freeman of Ween - Wednesday, Nov. 5
- I Wayne - Thursday, Nov. 6
- Poor Man's Whiskey - Friday, Nov. 7
- Brandon Santini & Tony Holiday - Saturday, Nov. 8
- JD McPherson - Monday, Nov. 10
- Alejandro Escovedo & Peter Buck - Tuesday, Nov. 11
- Heal Utah's Eighth Annual Fall Party - Thursday, Nov. 13
- An Evening with Mokie - Friday, Nov. 14
- David Bazan & Passenger String Quartet - Monday, Nov. 17
- Todd Rundgren - Wednesday, Nov. 19
- Southern Soul Assembly Fall Tour - Thursday, Nov. 20
- Shook Twins - Friday, Nov. 21
- Orgone - Saturday, Nov. 22
- Sturgill Simpson - Friday, Nov. 28
08 of 29
The Grizzlies have five home games in November:
- Utah Grizzlies vs. Colorado Eagles - Saturday, Nov. 1 and Tuesday, Nov. 11, 7:05 p.m.
- Utah Grizzlies vs. Ontario Reign - Friday, Saturday, and Monday, Nov. 14, 15, & 17, 7:05 p.m.
3200 South Decker Lake Drive (2200 W.)
Tickets $12-$35; see website for promotionsContinue to 9 of 29 below.
09 of 29
Movie lovers can find a huge variety of free film screenings in Salt Lake City, including major Hollywood productions, experimental films, classics, kids' movies, documentaries and more. This month's highlights include The Dhamma Brothers Nov. 1 at the Salt Lake City Public Library and Ernest and Celestine Nov. 26 at the Sorenson Unity Center.
10 of 29
Brigham Young University FootballThe BYU Cougars finish out their fourth independent season in November. Click on the link above for the Cougars' full 2014 schedule, plus TV info.
- Saturday, Nov. 1: BYU Cougars vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
- Saturday, Nov. 22: BYU Cougars vs. UNLV Rebels
- Saturday, Nov. 29: BYU Cougars @ California Golden Bears
11 of 29
The Utah Symphony has five great programs for November:
- Cirque de la Symphonie - Friday and Saturday, Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 8 p.m.
Bartók’s Concerto for Orchestra - Friday and Saturday, Nov. 7-8, 8 p.m.
Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 - Friday and Saturday, Nov. 14-15, 8 p.m.
Dvořák’s Symphony No. 7 - Friday and Saturday, Nov. 21-22, 8 p.m.
Messiah Sing-In - Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 29-30, 7 p.m.
123 W. South Temple
12 of 29
Wiseguys comedy clubs at Trolley Square, West Valley City and Ogden bring live comedy to Utah audiences including national touring acts, local favorites, open mic nights, clean comedy nights and more. Shows Tuesday through Saturday. This month's special events include Dave Coulier, Andy Gold, Marcus, Steve Soelberg, Keith Stubbs, and Brooks Wheelan.
Wiseguys Trolley Square
505 S. 600 E.
Wiseguys West Valley
2194 W. 3500 S.
269 Historic 25th Street in Ogden
801-622-5588Continue to 13 of 29 below.
13 of 29
Kingsbury Hall November Performances
Music, dance, and theater performances this month at Kingsbury Hall:
- University of Utah Youth Theatre presents 'The Big Bad Musical'. Nov. 7-8, matinee and evening shows. Tickets $5-$10.
- Eastern Arts presents 'WorlDance Featuring Latif Bolat and Amir Mohammadi'. Nov. 12, 7 p.m. Tickets $5-$10.
- Gaelic Storm. Nov. 13, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $10-$37.50.
1395 E. Presidents Circle at the University of Utah
14 of 29
15 of 29
16 of 29
The Black Keys - Turn Blue World Tour
The Black Keys will make a stop on their North American tour at the Maverick Center in November. The tour supports the duo’s new album, Turn Blue. Turn Blue comprises 11 new tracks, including the popular single, “Fever.”
Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014, 8 p.m.
3200 South Decker Lake Drive (at 2200 West)
Tickets $43.70-$75.70Continue to 17 of 29 below.
17 of 29
This holiday season Desert Star presents 'How the Grouch Stole Christmas', a parody of the Christmas classic. Desert Star is a dinner theater with pizza, hamburgers, wraps, desserts and more served at tableside seating. Appropriate for all ages.
Nov. 13, 2014-Jan. 3, 2015, except Tuesdays and Sundays
4861 S. State St.
December price $20.95
18 of 29
After graduate school, Catherine and Gwen chose polar opposite paths. Catherine built a career as a rock star academic, while Gwen built a home with her husband and children. This sharp-witted comedy takes an unflinching look at gender politics and asks, 'Can any woman have it all?'
Oct. 22-Nov. 16, 2014
168 W. 500 N.
This production is for mature audiences only.
19 of 29
20 of 29
Judas Priest - Redeemer of Souls Tour 2014
There are few heavy metal bands that have managed to scale the heights that Judas Priest have during their nearly 40 year career. They will bring their 'Redeemer of Souls Tour' to the Maverick Center in November.
Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2014, 7:30 p.m.
3200 South Decker Lake Drive (at 2200 West)
Tickets $36.50-$56.50Continue to 21 of 29 below.
21 of 29
This high-flying musical sings the true story of Frank Abagnale, Jr. Leonardo DiCaprio made Frank's story famous in the 2002 movie of the same name. You've got to 'catch' this one!
Oct. 8-Nov. 29, 2014
Mondays through Saturdays, 7:30 p.m.
Matinees Saturdays 12:30 and 4 p.m.
No performances on October 31 and November 27
Ticket prices: adult $30-$33, child (5-11 years) $16
3333 South Decker Lake Drive, West Valley City
22 of 29
Trans-Siberian Orchestra will bring their rock opera, 'The Christmas Attic', back to Salt Lake Wednesday, November 19. The album’s narrative begins on Christmas Eve, when a young girl's curiosity leads her to a night of mischief and magic.
Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2014, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
301 West South Temple
23 of 29
The Apolo Ohno Invitational will be a first-of-its-kind short track speedskating event that will feature the sport’s top athletes in the world competing for prize money in both men’s and women’s 500m, 1000m, and team relays across 14 races, all hosted by the most decorated winter Olympian in American history, Apolo Ohno.
Friday, Nov. 21, 2014, 7 p.m.
301 West South Temple
24 of 29
Eat Like a Pilgrim at Thanksgving Point
Thanksgiving Point’s Show Barn is transformed to immerse guests in the culture of the very first Thanksgiving, complete with the sights, sounds, and foods of the 17th century.
Nov. 21, 22, and 24, 6:30 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.)
Adults: $28 in advance, $35 day of event
Children: $22 in advance, $28 day of event
3003 N. Thanksgiving Way in Lehi
888-672-6040Continue to 25 of 29 below.
25 of 29
26 of 29
27 of 29
28 of 29
29 of 29