Salamander Resort & Spa is a new luxury resort that opened in the historic 18th century village of Middleburg, Virginia in August 2013. Located on 340 picturesque acres, the 168-room resort is situated in the center of Northern Virginia’s horse and wine country and just an hour drive from Washington DC. In addition to offering a variety of recreational activities, Salamander Resort offers a Grape Escape package including the arrangement of private tours to wineries and provide country picnic baskets filled with fresh, farm-to-table cuisine. The resort includes a full-service equestrian center and an array of horse-related programming. For history buffs, nearby attractions include Manassas National Battlefield, Shenandoah National Park, George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate, Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello and the Journey Through Hallowed Ground Byway.
Salamander Resort Features and Amenities
- 168 guest rooms including 17 suites: All rooms include a spacious sitting area, dining table for two, executive desk and marble-topped vanity table. All suites and half of the guest rooms feature a beautiful gas fireplace. Each bedroom includes a 37-inch flat panel television, a marble shower with body jets, and a private balcony with countryside views.
- Salamander Spa: 14 deluxe treatment rooms and one-of-a-kind features such as “treehouse” treatment rooms, Day-lit fitness center including indoor pool, cardio and weight room and movement studios
- Dining: 110-seat equestrian-themed restaurant featuring Virginia Piedmont-influenced cuisine and panoramic views. 32-seat outdoor dining terrace and private dining room for up to 16 people
- Wine Bar: Serves an extensive menu of locally-inspired small plates
- Event Facilities: 12,000 square feet of indoor conference and event space, including a 5,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom and unique outdoor areas like the Grand Lawn, Courtyard Garden and a restored 100-year-old Stallion Barn
- Zipline: In 2014, the resort opened a tree top zip tour spanning 20 acres and providing a bird’s eye view of the Virginia countryside. Open year-round to the public, the canopy course is comprised of zip lines varying in length from 90 to 670 feet including five different zip lines and two suspension sky bridges.
Rates and Reservations
Rates vary, depending on the time of year and the views and unique features of the suites and rooms. Get the most accurate and up-to-date quotes online. Special group rates, seasonal packages and creative teambuilding options are also available.
500 N Pendleton St.
Middleburg, VA 20117
About Salamander Hotels & Resorts
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is a privately owned and operated company based in Middleburg, VA. Founded by entrepreneur Sheila C. Johnson in 2005, the company has a portfolio that features the Grand Golf Resorts of Florida, a collection of three stellar golf resorts including the recently renovated Innisbrook Resort near Tampa, Reunion Resort in Orlando and the oceanfront Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast; Grand Resorts at Cap Cana, a collection of luxurious properties in the Dominican Republic including the oceanfront Sanctuary Cap Cana.