Washington, D.C. and major communities in the suburbs of Maryland and Northern Virginia celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with a variety of parades and festivities for all ages. Mark your calendar for this year's events and enjoy a day of Irish fun honoring the foremost patron saint of Ireland. With so many activities around the capital region, you can revel throughout most of the month of March.
- Washington, DC Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 11, 2018. Noon to 3:00 p.m. Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with a parade along Constitution Avenue - 7th to 17th Streets NW. This two-and-a-half hour special event, known as the Nation's St. Patrick's Day Parade, will include floats, marching bands, pipe bands, military, police, and fire departments. Local Irish pubs will sponsor parade parties featuring Irish musicians, dancers, and signers. St. Patrick's Day is a family day, bringing people together to share the culture of the Irish.
- Alexandria Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 3, 2018. This family fun celebration includes a classic car show, a dog show, and a Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. Federal, state, and local elected officials; the Irish Ambassador; military commanders; and other local celebrities will participate along with local scouts, marines, and high school bands.
- Annapolis Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 10, 2018. Annapolis celebrates St. Patrick's Day with a parade in Historic Annapolis featuring more than 90 floats with participation by many local organizations. The city celebrates Irish Week with ten days of events including music, an Irish Coffee competition, and more.
- Gaithersburg Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 10, 2018. The City of Gaithersburg, in partnership with the Harp and Shamrock Society, will host a Saint Patrick's Day Parade at Rio Washingtonian Center in Gaithersburg, MD. The Parade includes state and local officials, Gaithersburg Police, Irish dancers, pipe bands, fire trucks, equestrian units, and much more.
- Manassas Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 10, 2018, 11:00 a.m. The City of Manassas will host a Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Old Town with Irish dance groups, the Northern Virginia Firefighters Emerald Society Pipe and Drum, Washington Scottish Pipe and Drum, Fairfax County Sheriff’s Coalition Pipe and Drum, the Marine Corps Color Guard, and other area groups and organizations.
More Saint Patrick's Day Events
- National Shamrock Fest - March 17, 2018. RFK Stadium Festival Grounds, 2400 E. Capitol St. NE Washington, D.C. The largest Saint Patrick's Day party in the region features Irish food, drinks, and fun activities for all ages. The festival includes craft vendors, an Irish Village, carnival rides and games, and much more. The Shamrock Fest is the largest Saint Patrick's Day party in the region featuring more than 30 bands and DJs on five stages.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dining and Pub Crawling - Various Dates. The Washington, D.C. area has a wide variety of restaurants that celebrate the Irish holiday wish green beer and live music. It is a great time to revel at the local Irish pubs and restaurants.