The Washington DC area celebrates Saint Patrick's Day with a variety of parades. Mark your calendar for this year's events:
- Washington, DC Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 12, 2017. Noon to 3:00 p.m. Celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day with a parade along Constitution Avenue - 7th to 17th Streets NW. This two-and-a-half hour special event, known as the Nation's St. Patrick's Day Parade, will include floats, marching bands, pipe bands, military, police, and fire departments. Local Irish pubs will sponsor parade parties featuring Irish musicians, dancers and signers. St. Patrick's Day is a family day, bringing people together to share the culture of the Irish.
- Alexandria Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 4, 2017. This family fun celebration includes a classic car show, a dog show and a Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. Federal, state, and local elected officials; the Irish Ambassador; military commanders; and other local celebrities will participate along with local scouts, marines and high school bands. See Photos of the Alexandria Parade
- Annapolis Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 5, 2017. Annapolis celebrates St. Patrick's Day with a parade in Historic Annapolis featuring more than 90 floats with participation by many local organizations. The city celebrates Irish Week with ten days of events including music, an Irish Coffee competition and more.
- Gaithersburg Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 11, 2017. The City of Gaithersburg, in partnership with the Harp and Shamrock Society, will host a Saint Patrick's Day Parade at Washingtonian Center. The Parade includes state and local officials, Gaithersburg Police, Irish dancers, pipe bands, fire trucks, equestrian units, and much more.
- Manassas Saint Patrick's Day Parade - March 11, 2017, 11 a.m. The City of Manassas will host a Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Old Town with Irish dance groups, the Northern Virginia Firefighters Emerald Society Pipe and Drum, Washington Scottish Pipe and Drum, Fairfax County Sheriff’s Coalition Pipe and Drum, the Marine Corps Color Guard and other area groups and organizations.
More Saint Patrick's Day Fun
National Shamrock Fest - March 11, 2017. RFK Stadium. The largest Saint Patrick's Day party in the region features more than forty live bands, food, drink and fun activities for all ages.
St. Patrick’s Day Dining and Pub Crawling - Various Dates. The Washington, DC area has a wide variety of Irish restaurants that celebrate the Irish holiday.