Sacramento Police Department Profile

All contact information for local law enforcement.

Contact Info:Address: Chief John P. Kearns Administration Facility, 5770 Freeport Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95822Main Phone: (916) 566-6401Emergencies/Crimes in progress: (916) 732-0100 or 911Non-Emergency Police Response Requested: (916) 264-5471Web: sacpd.orgHours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.Police Chief: Samuel D. Somers, Jr. 

Other Phone Numbers:Crime Prevention/Neighborhood Watch: (916) 566-3638Police Personnel: (916) 808-0840Property Management/Evidence Property Storage: (916) 264-5237Records: (916) 808-0620Recruiting: (916) 808-0880Supplemental Employment: (916) 808-0703

Other Phone Numbers:Chief of Police: (916) 808-0800Auto Theft: (916) 808-0650Backgrounds: (916) 808-0870Bias & Hate Crime Hotline: (916) 808-2427Burglary and Robbery (North Area): (916) 566-8889Burglary and Robbery (South Area): (916) 277-6001Child Abuse and Sexual Assaults: (916) 808-0650Crime Prevention (North Area): (916) 566-6418Crime Prevention (South Area): (916) 277-6058Family Abuse: (916) 808-0650Financial Crimes: (916) 808-0650Fingerprints: (916) 808-0780Gang Investigations: (916) 808-0332Homicide: (916) 808-0650Internal Affairs: (916) 808-2290Investigations: (916) 808-0650Media Requests: (916) 808-0808Missing Persons/Investigations: (916) 808-0560Narcotics Tip Line (24 Hours): (916) 264-5796Neighborhood Watch (North Area): (916) 566-6418Neighborhood Watch (South Area): (916) 277-6001Volunteer Program: (916) 808-0839Warrants: (916) 808-0600

ReportsCopies of Reports: (916) 808-0620Filing Reports by Telephone: (916) 264-5868TTD for Hearing Impaired: (916) 808-0639Ridealongs (North Area): (916) 566-6401Ridealongs (South Area): (916) 277-6001Sexual Assault: (916) 808-0650

TrafficAbandoned Vehicles: (916) 264-5948Hit and Run Investigations: (916) 277-6030Parking Tickets: (916) 264-8500Report Non-Injury Accidents and Hit and Run: (916) 264-5471Towed Vehicle Hearings: (916) 277-6135Traffic Problems: (916) 277-6128Red Light Camera Tickets: (916) 277-6126Traffic Enforcement/Citations & Tickets: (916) 874-7200

Neighborhood Police Facilities:

  • William J. Kinney Police Facility
  • Joseph E. Rooney Police Facility

Police Beats:

  • 1A: North Natomas
  • 1B: South Natomas
  • 1C: Northgate
  • 2A: Robla, Del Paso Heights, East Del Paso Heights
  • 2B: West Del Paso Heights, Strawberry Manor, Hagginwood
  • 2C: Woodlake, Arden Fair, Point West, Cal Expo
  • 3A: Richards, Dos Rios Triangle, Alkali Flat, Mansion Flats
  • 3B: Midtown, Winn Park, Capitol Ave., New Era Park
  • 3C: East Sacramento, River Park, Sac State
  • 3M: Downtown, Old Sacramento, Southside Park
  • 4A: Land Park, Curtis Park, Sacramento City College, Little Pocket, South Land Park
  • 4B: Hollywood Park, Airport, Woodbine
  • 4C: South Land Park, Greenhaven, Pocket, Z’berg Park
  • 5A: Meadowview
  • 5B: Parkway, Northern Valley Hi and North Laguna
  • 5C: Valley Hi, North Laguna
  • 6A: Oak Park
  • 6B: Tahoe Park, Colonial Heights, Tallac Village, Fruitridge Manor
  • 6C: Glen Elder, Florin/Fruitridge, Colonial Village, Avondale

Accident Report:

Motor vehicle accident reports are available online, as long it is after Jan. 1, 2007. If you need reports dated before that, call (916) 808-0620, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Obtaining Police Reports:

A written request must be made when obtaining a copy of a police report to Sacramento Police Department, Records Unit, 5700 Freeport Blvd., Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95822. Requests must include name and address of the victim, type of report, date and location of incident and case number (if known).

Criminal records can also be obtain for $32. You can call (916) 227-3849 or write California Dept. of Justice, P.O. Box 903417, Sacramento, CA 94203-4170, USA, Attn: Records Review Unit. When writing, don’t include the fee with the request.

Crime Mapping:

SPD provides crime mapping online for incidents occurring Dec. 1, 2006 to Dec. 31, 2007. The database is usually updated once a month. You can see the crimes in your neighborhood or at an intersection. You can search by type of crime, date of crime or by neighborhood.

Crime Reports:

There are SPD crime reports available online in database format. Information is for crimes reported from 1997 to 2008.

Registered Sex Offender/Megans Law:

Californians can search the Megan’s Law database to obtain information for the state’s registered sex offenders at The database is searchable by zip code, city and county.

Was this page helpful?