The Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas has 26 diverse dining options for its guests to savor and enjoy. Sharing the title of the world's largest cruise ship with her sister ship the Oasis of the Seas, the ship brings back some favorite dining venues and adds several novel ones that cruise travelers will love.
The Allure of the Seas has several new dining venues spread throughout the ship. The Brazilian churrascaria Samba Grill with its wide variety of tasty grilled meats promises to be a bit hit, as does Rita's Cantina, a Mexican restaurant. The most widely-discussed new dining venue is already a must-visit shoreside. It's the first Starbucks at sea. Kids of all ages will love the Boardwalk Dog House, an outdoor hot dog stand on the Boardwalk.
The Allure of the Seas has 28 galleys and over 1000 staff working in the food and beverage department, with 358 of them serving as culinary staff (chefs and cooks).
Adagio Dining Room
The 2900-seat Adagio Dining Room on the Allure of the Seas is a lovely venue, done in 1920's Art Deco style. This huge main dining room is spread over three decks, with assigned seating for dinner served at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on decks 3 and 4 and My Time Dining on deck 5.
Passengers choosing My Time Dining can eat anytime between 6 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., and are encouraged to make advance reservations each evening. My Time Dining reservations can be made for up to 10 guests at a table. Royal Caribbean started the My Time Dining in about 2007 and currently about one-third of the cruise line's passenger select this dinner option.
Families with children will enjoy "My Family Time Dining". Parents choose the 6:00 p.m. early seating, sign up at Adventure Ocean, and their kids will receive their meals within 40 minutes. The best part of this service is that Adventure Ocean counselors will pick up the kids at the end of their meal and take them to enjoy kid-friendly activities while their parents stay behind to finish dinner at their leisure.
The Adagio Dining Room has three galleys, one for each deck. The menu in the Adagio Dining Room is the same as on other Royal Caribbean ships, and it rotates every seven days. In addition to regular breakfast and dinner, the Adagio also features breakfast with the DreamWorks characters.
Central Park is in the center of the Allure of the Seas and is an amazing outdoor mall and park area surrounded by cabins, restaurants, bars, and shops.
Four restaurants are found in the Central Park neighborhood.
- Giovanni's Table is an Italian family-style trattoria with both indoor and outdoor seating. Both lunch and dinner are served at Giovanni's Table, and it has a surcharge.
- 150 Central Park is an intimate, upscale restaurant with a tasting menu and wine pairings. The menu was designed by chef Molly Brandt, winner of the Allure of the Seas Culinary Challenge. Dinner is served at 150 Central Park, and there is a surcharge.
- Park Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. It is an indoor/outdoor gourmet market that serves salads, sandwiches, soups, and pastries. The signature sandwich is the roast beef "Kummelweck", which sounds good.
- Chops Grille is a Royal Caribbean favorite found on all of the ships. This signature steakhouse serves premium cuts of meat and seafood. A cover charge applies.
The Boardwalk is aft and opens to the sky. It's a fun family area, and the dining venues reflect this casual atmosphere.
- Rita's Cantina is a new dining venue on the Allure of the Seas. It's an indoor/outdoor Mexican restaurant serving lunch and dinner for a small surcharge. Rita's also serves a wide range of margaritas and features live guitar music for dancing or listening in the evening.
- The Boardwalk Dog House is another new dining venue for the Allure of the Seas. This traditional hot dog stand is in a perfect location on the Boardwalk. In addition to regular hot dogs, the Dog House also serves brats, sausages, and other linked meats on a bun with a variety of toppings.
- Johnny Rockets is the same 50's style diner found ashore and on Oasis of the Seas. Open for complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner have a cover charge.
- The Ice Cream Parlor also brings back Boardwalk memories from the beach. This one serves a variety of homemade ice cream flavors and toppings at an a la carte price.
- The Boardwalk Donut Shop has delicious snacks and (of course) donuts.
Moving indoors, the Royal Promenade is the heart of the Allure of the Seas, with the Central Park neighborhood above and the Entertainment Place one deck below. The Royal Promenade is similar to those found on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.
- Starbucks is in the middle of the Royal Promenade and features a full Starbucks menu for all those coffee lovers.
- Sorrento's Pizzeria features New York style pizza. You can have just a slice or a whole pie with your favorite toppings to order.
- Cafe Promenade is open all day and is a good spot for a sandwich, fruit shake, pastry, or Seattle's Best Coffee.
- The Cupcake Cupboard is identical to that on the Oasis of the Seas and serves a la carte priced fresh-baked gourmet cupcakes.
Pool and Sports Zone
The Pool and Sports Zone neighborhood stretches the length of the Allure of the Seas. This outdoor playground has four restaurants.
- The Samba Grill is a Brazilian churrascaria steakhouse located in the same space as the Solarium Bistro on deck 15 forward. The nightly fun starts with a large salad bar, followed by grilled meats and seafood of all kinds. They are served right at the table, and you really have to pace yourself to try them all. The lamb and filet were particularly good. The lively Brazilian music adds to the colorful atmosphere. A cover charge applies.
- The Solarium Bistro in the same location serves a health-conscious breakfast and lunch in a casual setting.
- The Wipe Out Cafe is a casual, self-service buffet with hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, and pizza. It's a real favorite of the teens.
- The Izumi Asian Restaurant features a sushi bar and hot-rock cooking with a la carte pricing.
The Vitality Cafe is located in the Vitality Spa and Fitness Center and serves healthy snacks, sandwiches, smoothies, wraps, and fruit.
The Windjammer Marketplace is the Allure of the Seas' casual buffet and is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
For those who don't want to venture out of their cabin, the Allure of the Seas has a complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner room service menu for dining in. Guests can also order specialty items like a Johnny Rockets' burger for an extra fee.
Summary and Conclusion
Passengers on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas have numerous dining options, many of which are included in the basic fare. Those looking for more exotic or premium fare will definitely want to experience those venues with a surcharge or a la carte pricing, but there's certainly something for everyone to eat on the Allure of the Seas.