- Rory Boland is a guidebook author and travel writer who has lived and worked in Hong Kong and London.
- He has written and edited guidebooks including "National Geographic Traveler: Hong Kong," "Time Out World Cities," and the first Zagat guide to Hong Kong.
- Boland's print and online contributions include Which?, BBC Travel, Time Out, Rough Guides, The Independent, The South China Morning Post, The Irish Times, and Ryanair magazine.
Rory Boland is a former writer for TripSavvy, contributing more than 300 travel articles about the cities of Hong Kong and Macau in China. While living in Hong Kong, he served as editor of CityLife Hong Kong and was the hotel editor for Zagat's first guide to Hong Kong. He ate everything Hong Kong's restaurants could throw at him and has seen both the inside of the city's swankiest hotels rooms as well as the Chungking Mansions.
Boland has a bachelor's degree in English Literature from Bangor University.Awards and Publications
- "National Geographic Traveler: Hong Kong"
- "Zagat Hong Kong Restaurants & Hotels"
- "Living Abroad in Hong Kong"
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.