Love brings out the passion in peoples' hearts. It makes them want to express how they feel to the object of their affection and the world at large. To heat up your own love life, use a dramatic saying; find inspiration in the sexy and loving quotations below.
Romantic Sayings by Men
- "You're nothing short of my everything." - Ralph Block
- "Paradise is always where love dwells." - Jean Paul F. Richter
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Herman Hesse
- "O happy hours when I may once more encircle within these arms the dearest object of my love- when I shall again feel the pressure of that 'aching head' which will delight to recline upon my bosom, when I may again press to my heart which palpitates with the purest affection that loved one who has so long shared its undivided devotion." - Alexander Hamilton Rice
- "Love me without fear / Trust me without questioning / Need me without demanding / Want me without restrictions / Accept me without change / Desire me without inhibitions." - Dick Sutphen
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Nietzsche
- "Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." - Rainer Maria Rilke
- "All that you are, all that I owe to you, justifies my love." - Marquis de Lafayette
- "Thou art to me a delicious torment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I never, till now, had a friend who could give me repose; all have disturbed me, and, whether for pleasure or pain, it was still disturbance. But peace overflows from your heart into mine." - Nathaniel Hawthorne, letter to Sophia Hawthorne
- "She walks in beauty,
- Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;
- And all that's best of dark and bright
- Meet in her aspect and her eyes."
- - Byron
- "We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other." - Lucian de Croszonza
- "I cannot exist without you. I am forgetful of everything but seeing you again. My life seems to stop there, I see no further. You have absorb'd me. I have a sensation at the present moment as though I were dissolving. I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion... I have shudder'd at it... I shudder no more. I could be martyr'd for my religion: Love is my religion. I could die for that. I could die for you. My creed is love, and you are its only tenet. You have ravish'd me away by a power I cannot resist." - letter written by John Keats
- "The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." - Josiah G. Holland
Passionate Quotations From Women
- "I want to do things so wild with you that I don't know how to say them." - Anais Nin to Henry Mille
- "Till I loved I never lived—enough." - Emily Dickenson
- "Don't you think I was made for you? I feel like you had me ordered — and I was delivered to you — to be worn. I want you to wear me, like a watch-charm or a buttonhole bouquet." - Zelda Fitzgerald
- "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." -George Sand (aka Amantine-Lucile-Aurore Dupin)
- "We lie in each other's arms eyes shut and fingers open and all the colors of the world pass through our bodies like strings of fire." - Marge Piercy
- "Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me." - Sarah Bernhardt
- "There's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me." - Gretchen Kemp
Anonymous Sayings and Poetry About Love and Passion
- "I tell you I love you every day for fear that tomorrow isn't another."
- "My love for you is a journey;
- Starting at forever,
- And ending at never."
- "Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."