Rockville, Maryland's Fourth of July fireworks are presented by the City of Rockville at Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park, in King Farm. The family-friendly celebration of Independence Day draws a large crowd from around the region. Attendees should bring their own chairs, blankets, food, and beverages. The new location includes free, easy access and ample parking (with convenient exits) within a short walk of the fireworks viewing areas.
Just prior to the event, visitors are welcome to attend a free peace gathering from 5-7 p.m. in the park's Peace Garden.
Fireworks Location: Mattie J.T. Stepanek Park, 1800 Piccard Drive, in King Farm, Rockville, Maryland
Parking will be available in lots bordered by Shady Grove Road, Gaither Road, Choke Cherry Road and Piccard Drive, near the park. Several road closures are planned, and will encourage visitors to exit onto main roads such as Route 355 and Shady Grove Road. Rockville police will guide traffic to and from the designated lots before and after the event.
- Entertainment begins at 7 p.m.
- Fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m.
- Rain Date: July 5
This year's entertainment lineup features the Nighthawks, Fugitive Brass Quintet, and the Rockville Concert Band. The schedule for the evening is:
- 7 p.m. - Music begins on two stages with The Nighthawks, Fugitive Brass Band, and Rockville Concert Band performing.
- 8:45 p.m. - Welcome from the Mayor and Council and the national anthem, followed by more live music.
- 9:15 p.m. - Fireworks display