01 of 02
The Ritz-Carlton's Top Hotel Service: What About It Makes Guests So Happy?
It Didn't Happen by Advertising or by Accident: Why Ritz-Carlton Is a Luxury Travel Legend
"I'm staying at the Ritz-Carton" has a refined ring to it. This American-based, international hotel brand is chosen by legions of luxury travelers the world over.
Read about The Ritz-Carlton and find out makes it a top luxury travel choice.
The Ritz-Carlton is a first-class hotel brand all around. But two aspects of its hotels distinguish them from other luxury hotel brands:
The Ritz-Carlton's upgraded Club Floor status, conferring guest access to plush Club Lounges offering nearly round-the-clock food and drink service
The Ritz-Carlton's exceptional guest service, believed by many luxury travelers to set the industry standard.
Find out what defines five-star hotel service.
The Ritz-Carlton's renowned service has been a company priority since the brand relaunched in 1983. Great service doesn't just happen. It takes time, care, and passion. A great hotel mission isn't... simply putting"head in beds." Its mission is winning the loyalty of guests by treating them with warmth and respect.
The Ritz-Carlton states its service mission clearly in several documents. This multi-part service mission is used as learning materials for staffers – and is also publicly aired on The Ritz-Carlton's website. The Ritz-Carlton's service mission involves:
• A long-term commitment by the hotel brand and by each property
• Enlightened management (because hotel personnel take their cues from the General Manager)
• Hiring the right staffers: friendly, upbeat, dedicated, sensitive, team-players and problem-solver
• Extensive and effective staff training
• Ongoing staff refreshers, reviews, and troubleshooting
• Truly rewarding customer-loyalty programs
The Ritz-Carlton's Guest-Service Manifesto
Note to readers: the documents below, in italics, were created and are maintained by The Ritz-Carlton. This material is intended for TripSavvy.com readers' entertainment and information; by reprinting this material, TripSavvy.com does not intend to advertise The Ritz-Carlton.
From The Ritz-Carlton: The Credo
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is a place where the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission.
We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm, relaxed, yet refined ambiance.
The Ritz-Carlton experience enlivens the senses, instills well-being, and fulfills even the unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
The Ritz-Carlton: Motto
At The Ritz-Carlton, "We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen." This motto exemplifies the anticipatory service provided by all staff members.
From The Ritz-Carlton: The Employee Promise
At The Ritz-Carlton, our Ladies and Gentlemen are the most important resource in our service commitment to our guests.
By applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment, we nurture and maximize talent to the benefit of each individual and the company.
The Ritz-Carlton fosters a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, individual aspirations are fulfilled, and The Ritz-Carlton Mystique is strengthened.
From The Ritz-Carlton: Three Steps Of Service
1. A warm and sincere greeting. Use the guest's name.
2. Anticipation and fulfillment of each guest's needs.
3. Fond farewell. Give a warm good-bye and use the guest's name.
From The Ritz-Carlton: Service Values: I Am Proud To Be Ritz-Carlton
1. I build strong relationships and create Ritz-Carlton guests for life.
2. I am always responsive to the expressed and unexpressed wishes and needs of our guests.
3. I am empowered to create unique, memorable and personal experiences for our guests.
5. I understand my role in achieving the Key Success Factors, embracing Community Footprints and creating The Ritz-Carlton Mystique.
5. I continuously seek opportunities to innovate and improve The Ritz-Carlton experience.
6. I own and immediately resolve guest problems.
7. I create a work environment of teamwork and lateral service so that the needs of our guests and each other are met.
8. I have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow.
9. I am involved in the planning of the work that affects me.
10. I am proud of my professional appearance, language and behavior.
11. I protect the privacy and security of our guests, my fellow employees and the company's confidential information and assets.
12. I am responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and creating a safe and accident-free environment.
Next: Read TripSavvy.com reviews of intriguing international Ritz-Carlton HotelsContinue to 2 of 2 below.
02 of 02
Read Ritz-Carlton Hotel Reviews on About.com
These Ritz-Carlton Hotels Are Featured In-Depth TripSavvy.com:
• The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale in Florida
• The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch in the Canadian Rockies
• Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in Thailand
• The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain Golf Resort in Arizona