Is it wrong that I show up to the Cosmopolitan Hotel with my own ice skates for a chance to carve a few turns on an ice rink with a view of the Las Vegas strip? My reasoning is simple: I want to look good while gliding across the real ice surface as my wife and her friends sit next to a fire pit having cocktails. As she watches me ice skate with my favorite Christmas sweater on, you know she and all of her friends will have that dreamy look in their eyes.
I can hear it now, “I love his technique” and “Wow, his blades are so sharp!”
Yes, I will be tearing the ice up at The Rink at Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. Don’t be surprised if you see me out there wearing a Los Angeles Kings Hockey Sweater and my well seasoned hockey gloves. It’s winter and winter in Las Vegas means I can skate outdoors!
The Cosmopolitan Hotel Ice Rink is set up in the Boulevard Pool area and if you have not seen the spot you’ll be in for a treat when the sun goes down and the lights of Las Vegas place a glow on the surrounding landscape. Take a seat in one of the Adirondack chairs that convince you to sit back and enjoy. If you close your eyes you’ll think you are at the base of Ajax Mountain sipping a drink with a few of your friends and the warmth of a fire convincing you to stay a little longer.
The Ice Rink is open from November 25, 2016 until January 1, 2017, Monday – Friday from 2 p.m. to midnight and Saturday – Sunday from noon to midnight.
All day skating pass is $10 for Nevada residents and $15 for visitors with skate rental $5.
Getting into the attraction at Cosmopolitan is free so even if you don’t want to skate you can still enjoy the winter wonderland that is Las Vegas. Don’t expect any snow and I’m positive that there will not be any pick-up hockey games going on.
(if there was I would be crushing some of my Canadian/Vegas friends up against the boards.)
The Ice Rink is open Nov. 25, 2016 through Jan. 1, 2017.
- Monday - Friday: 2PM - Midnight
- Saturday - Sunday: Noon - Midnight
- Dec. 19, 2016 - Jan. 1, 2017: Noon - Midnight Daily
Light snow showers happen every 30 minutes during these times:
- Friday - Sunday, 7 - 11PM | Nov. 25 - Dec. 18
- Tuesday - Sunday, 7 - 11PM | Dec. 19 - Jan. 1
- $15 all-day skate access ($10 special pricing for locals, valid Monday - Thursday only)
- $5 skate rentals (guests are welcome to bring their own)
- $10 skate aid rental
There is no cost to enter Boulevard Pool and enjoy the Ice Rink area.
The Ice Rink is open to those ages 2 and up. Children under 18 must have a guardian or parent over 18 sign a skating waiver.
What to expect at The Rink at Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
- Signature drinks! The Campfire Delight - Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka, crème de cacao, RumChata and marshmallow. That almost beats my usual outdoor winter drink of Kokanee Gold washing down fried pork chunks at the base of the Whistler Gondola.
- Date Skate. Monday nights is movie and a skate at The Rink. Hold hands on the ice as a movie plays on the big screen that is the Cosmopolitan digital marquee.
- Throwback Thursdays. Pull out the 70’2 and 80’s gear and dance like you would dance on Venice Beach with your skates on. It’s disco dancing on the ice in Las Vegas.
I don’t think you need any more reasons to head to the Cosmopolitan Hotel but if you do remember that rooms have incredible views from their terraces, the food scene is insane with places like Scarpetta, STK and China Poblano. Nightlife is absurdly good with a long night waiting for you at Marquee Nightclub and drinks at Chandelier Bar cannot be beat.
Check Out The Best Of Las Vegas
- Best Restaurants In Las Vegas
- The Best Las Vegas Shows
- The Best Things To Do in Las Vegas?
- The Best Nightclubs in Las Vegas?
- The Best Hotels in Las Vegas