The RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) Chelsea Flower Show is the perfect event for fans of all things floral. It's the plant breeders' favorite place to unveil new plants and the Great Pavilion often provides the first glimpses of the newest horticultural gems. The RHS Chelsea Flower Show has run annually since 1914 and is the ultimate event in the gardening calendar.
About RHS Chelsea Flower Show
Held on the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, the RHS Chelsea Flower Show is the world's most prestigious flower show. Nowhere makes gardening more fashionable than Chelsea, with a catwalk of color and creativity, the brightest new ideas, the latest plant trends and the pinnacle of garden design, this show is one the world wants to see.
The biggest attractions at RHS Chelsea are the spectacular Show Gardens. They act as perfect examples of horticultural excellence and innovative landscape design.
Traditional designs, materials, and methods are revitalized by new approaches to craft and craftsmanship with the Artisan Gardens at RHS Chelsea. Representing some of the most imaginative and inspiring designs, these smaller gardens put a modern twist on timeless garden ideas.
Fresh Gardens, fresh in nature as well as in name, aim to redefine the perception of the garden. Taking more of a conceptual approach, they embrace new technology, trends, and materials to create truly innovative designs.
The jewel in RHS Chelsea's crown is the Great Pavilion, which not only features over 100 nurseries, new and old but also houses the Discovery Zone, an area dedicated to highlighting the very cutting edge in horticultural technology.
An array of Trade stands to transform the showground into a shopper's paradise, each selling the very best in garden structures, accessories, and products, complementing the quality of the gardens and floral exhibits on show.
Venue: Royal Hospital, Chelsea, London SW3
Recorded information: 020 7649 1885
Nearest Tube Station: Sloane Square (a 10-minute walk away)
Tickets: Ticket prices start from £33.
All tickets must be booked in advance as there are no tickets available at the gate.
Opening Hours: 8am–8pm, except Saturday 8am-5.30pm.
Note: Tuesday and Wednesday are for RHS Members only.
Tips for Visiting The RHS Chelsea Flower Show:
- No tickets are on sale on the door. You must buy tickets in advance
- Under 5s and children's buggies are not permitted
- Doors open at 8 a.m. and visitors arrive early
- Buy your show catalog in advance; it can be ordered along with your tickets
- Use the map in the show catalog to plan your day
- When the Main Avenue and Rock Garden Bank are congested, head into the Great Pavilion, or to Western Avenue and Royal Hospital Way
- The busiest time is 11.30am to 2.30pm so stop for something to eat then
- Use the catering area in the northwest corner of the site by Creek Gate where you will find a range of hot and cold meals from baguettes to jacket potatoes and ice cream
- The toilets in Western Avenue often have shorter queues
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be on your feet for much of the day
- Bring a waterproof coat with a hood in case of rain, instead of an umbrella as these get in the way in crowded areas
- Do not carry large rucksacks or bags around the show with you as they get in the way of other visitors. If you are bringing a picnic or any large bags, check them into the cloakroom until you need them