JetBlue's TrueBlue program is a basic and easy-to-use frequent flier program. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles here, but it does have a few nice perks. Obviously it's good for business travelers who fly JetBlue, but overall the program isn't as wide-ranging or flexible as the programs from legacy airlines.
- Easy tracking and redeeming of points.
- family pooling, which allows you to share points among family members
- Earn points on flights, depending on how much you spent.
- Booking flights on jetblue.com will earn at least double points (six points per dollar)
- Different classes of service earn different levels of points.
- Good seat availability.
- No blackout dates. Rewards redemption is tied to the current price of the ticket. If there are seats, you can use points (if you have enough!).
- Partners (such as Hoteltonight.com) enable flyers to earn additional points.
- Family Pooling allows families to share airline miles.
- JetBlue’s TrueBlue is what I’d call a basic reward program.
- If you’re a business traveler racking up the miles but sick of flying, you’re out of luck when it comes to other options.
Signing up for JetBlue TrueBlue is easy: simply go to the website and create a user name and password. JetBlue will send you a welcome email that includes an account number and explains the program in detail.
Make sure to use your JetBlue account when booking new flights.
Points can be earned by booking tickets on JetBlue’s website, flying, and by charging goods or services on an associated JetBlue Card from Barclaycard. Travelers can also earn TrueBlue points through the many partnerships that JetBlue has, such as with rental car companies and hotels.
Fliers earn points depending on how much they spend on a JetBlue flight. Flights booked online at www.jetblue.com earn additional points. In addition, additional points can be purchased through the JetBlue website, or gifted from a friend or family member. In addition, JetBlue offers family pooling, which allows family members to share miles, which is a very nice touch for almost any family.
JetBlue has a partnership with Barclarycard that keeps your miles active.
TrueBlue points don't expire. Also note, that you you can't earn points for purchasing tickets for other passengers.
Points can be redeemed on the Jetblue website just by booking a flight. Travelers can search for flights by price or by miles. Award travel can be booked at www.jetblue.com or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). Points can be transferred to other members.
The amount of points required for an award flight varies. It's determined by the price of the ticket, which means that it will vary based on how busy the flight is, the day of the flight, the time, and class of service, etc.