Some people don't want to spend their Easter slaving over a hot stove and who can blame them? Many would rather kick back at a restaurant than be at home, checking the oven every two minutes to make sure the carrot cake doesn't burn. It is for this reason that many national chains remain open.
Some will feature special Easter menus or festive brunch offerings while others might actually make you forget that there's even a holiday going on (which is precisely what some people want). Regardless of what you're looking for, you'll find it at these universally-loved franchises. Just be sure to call ahead of time to make a reservation, if possible, and confirm your local outpost's holiday hours.
Restaurants Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Brunch is a popular Easter pastime and you're sure to find stacks of fluffy pancakes at your neighborhood IHOP, Denny's, or Cracker Barrel. Many of them offer breakfast all day.
- IHOP: IHOP will be open all day on Easter, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Denny's: Denny's is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No exceptions.
- Bob Evans: Bob Evans opens from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Easter Sunday. You can also pre-order the Farmhouse Feast family dinner to enjoy at home.
- White Castle: Most White Castles are open all day on Easter, but you should call your local restaurant for hours.
- Starbucks: You can enjoy your favorite coffee drink as well as food and bakery treats all day.
- Perkins: Perkins will be open normal hours, and some may be open later.
- Sonic Drive-In: Sonic maintains its regular hours.
- Burger King: Most Burger King restaurants are open on Easter, but some locations may have shorter hours.
- Waffle House: Waffle House, like Denny's, is open all day every day.
Restaurants Open for Lunch and Dinner
After the Easter egg hunts are over, you can head out to these restaurants to refuel. Most are open by noon.
- Applebee's: Applebee's is open for lunch and dinner on Easter.
- Red Lobster: Red Lobster will maintain its normal hours.
- Outback Steakhouse: Swap the traditional ham for a steak at Outback this holiday.
- Boston Market: Boston Market will be open and offering a special Easter feast that includes honey-glazed ham and boneless roasted turkey breast.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Buffalo Wild Wings will maintain its regular hours.
- LongHorn Steakhouse: LongHorn Steakhouse will be open for lunch and dinner in select locations. Check your local listing.
- Chili's: Most Chili's locations will be open on Easter, but hours vary by location, so call ahead to make sure.
- Bonefish Grill: Bonefish Grills open at 11 a.m. on Easter with either a brunch or dinner menu, depending on the location.
- Fleming's: You can eat at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse on Easter, with some locations also offering brunch.
- Benihana: Benihana will be open for lunch and dinner. Reservations are suggested.
- Shake Shack: Most Shake Shacks will be open on Easter, but some locations will have different hours.
- P.F. Chang's: You can enjoy a lunch or dinner at P.F. Chang's on Easter.
- Maggiano's: Most Maggiano's will be open on Easter.
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen: Cheddar's will be open normal hours on the holiday.
- Buca di Beppo: Buca di Beppo is open for Easter Sunday lunch and dinner, but reservations are suggested.
Restaurants With Shorter Hours
Although most restaurants that are open for breakfast remain open through dinner, a few national chains close after lunch or only open for dinner.
- McCormick & Schmick's: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is open for a special Easter breakfast and lunch. Reservations are suggested.
- Ruth's Chris: Ruth Chris Steak House is open for dinner from 4 to 9 p.m. with a special menu on offer. At some locations, there may also be a brunch available, beginning at 11 a.m. Call your local Ruth Chris for details.