Some people don't want to spend their Easter slaving over a hot stove and who can blame them? Many would rather kick back at a restaurant than be at home, checking the oven every two minutes to make sure the carrot cake doesn't burn. It is for this reason that many national chains remain open.
Some will feature special Easter menus or festive brunch offerings while others might actually make you forget that there's even a holiday going on (which is precisely what some people want). Regardless of what you're looking for, you'll find it at these universally-loved franchises. Just be sure to call ahead of time to make a reservation, if possible, and confirm your local outpost's holiday hours.
Restaurants Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
Brunch is a popular Easter pastime and you're sure to find stacks of fluffy pancakes at your neighborhood IHOP, Denny's, or Cracker Barrel. Many of them offer breakfast all day.
- IHOP: IHOP will be open all day on Easter, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Denny's: Denny's is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. No exceptions.
- Bob Evans: Bob Evans opens from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Easter Sunday. You can also pre-order the Farmhouse Feast family dinner to enjoy at home.
- Golden Corral: Enjoy homestyle ham and the works at Golden Corral's buffet; available for all three meals of the day.
- White Castle: Most White Castles are open all day on Easter, but you should call your local restaurant for hours.
- Starbucks: You can enjoy your favorite coffee drink as well as food and bakery treats all day.
- Cracker Barrel: Cracker Barrel will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Perkins: Perkins will be open normal hours.
- Sonic Drive-In: Sonic maintains its normal hours.
- HomeTown Buffet: HomeTown Buffet, Country Buffet, and Ryan's Buffets (all subsidiaries of the same chain) will all be open on Easter to serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets.
- Burger King: Most Burger King restaurants are open on Easter, but some locations may have shorter hours.
- Waffle House: Waffle House, like Denny's, is open all day every day.
Restaurants Open for Lunch and Dinner
After the Easter egg hunts are over, you can head out to these restaurants to refuel. Most are open by noon.
- Applebee's: Applebee's is open for lunch and dinner on Easter.
- Red Lobster: Red Lobster will maintain its normal hours.
- Olive Garden: Olive Garden will be serving up pasta and breadsticks all afternoon.
- Outback Steakhouse: Swap the traditional ham for a steak at Outback this holiday.
- Boston Market: Boston Market will be open and offering a special Easter feast that includes spiral-sliced ham and boneless turkey breast.
- Carrabba's: Carrabba's encourages you to forget tradition altogether and opt for Italian instead.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Buffalo Wild Wings will maintain its regular hours.
- TGI Friday's: TGI Friday's will also be open for Easter. Call your nearest location for hours.
- LongHorn Steakhouse: LongHorn Steakhouse will be open for lunch and dinner.
- Texas Roadhouse: Texas Roadhouse will be open for lunch and dinner.
- Chili's: Most Chili's locations will be open on Easter, but hours vary by location, so call ahead to make sure.
- Yard House: Your local Yard House will be open for lunchtime pints (and more) this Easter.
- Bonefish Grill: Bonefish Grills open at 11 a.m. on Easter with either a brunch or dinner menu, depending on the location.
- Fleming's: You can eat at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse on Easter, with some locations also offering brunch.
- Benihana: Benihana will be open for lunch and dinner. Reservations are suggested.
- Shake Shack: Most Shake Shacks will be open on Easter, but some locations will have different hours.
- P.F. Chang's: You can enjoy a lunch or dinner at P.F. Chang's on Easter.
- Maggiano's: Maggiano's will be open on Easter will some locations offering a special Easter brunch.
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen: Cheddar's will be open normal hours on the holiday.
- Papa John's: You can get your pizza fix even on Easter, thanks to Papa John's.
- Buca di Beppo: Buca di Beppo is open for Easter Sunday lunch and dinner, but reservations are suggested.
Restaurants With Shorter Hours
Although most restaurants that are open for breakfast remain open through dinner, a few national chains close after lunch or only open for dinner.
- McCormick & Schmick's: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is open for a special Easter breakfast and lunch. Reservations are suggested.
- Ruth Chris: Ruth Chris Steak House is open for dinner from 4 to 9 p.m. with a special menu on offer. At some locations, there may also be a brunch available. Call your local Ruth Chris for details.