Don't like to cook for Thanksgiving in Oklahoma City? You're certainly not the only one. If you didn't have a traditional Thanksgiving meal prepared elsewhere, you may want to dine out for the holiday, but it's often frustrating for would-be diners because just about every place is closed. Fortunately, there are a few excellent restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day in the Oklahoma City metro, and it seems like more and more are staying open each year.
Here's a list, confirmed and updated for 2017. If you know of some other options, just drop me a note.
Calling ahead for reservations is absolutely recommended, as spots tend to fill up quickly.
- Bellini's - The Italian restaurant located at the bottom of the Waterford Building will also serve traditional Thanksgiving favorites on the holiday.
6305 Waterford Boulevard, Suite 100
Open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bricktown Brewery at Remington Park - Other Bricktown Brewery locations will not be open for the holiday, but the one at Remington Park will have an all you can eat buffet. You must be 18 or older to enter Remington Park.
1 Remington Place
Open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Chequers - The restaurant and pub has a diverse menu with steaks, chicken, Italian dishes, Mexican entrees and seafood.
1009 S. Air Depot (Midwest City)
Open 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cracker Barrel - You can get a Thanksgiving feast to go, or dine in for comfort food entrees such as meatloaf, chicken friend steak and more.
700 Cornell Pkwy
11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Flint - Located inside the Colcord Hotel downtown, Flint has steak, seafood, pot roast and more.
15 N. Robinson Avenue
Open 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Thanksgiving menu starting at 10 a.m.)
- Grand House Asian Bistro - Grand House has an extensive selection of Chinese dishes.
2701 N. Classen Boulevard
Open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ingrid's Kitchen - Ingrid's is a place to go for a great Thanksgiving buffet with traditional favorites as well as house specialties. Seating times are 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
3701 N. Youngs Boulevard
- Legend's Restaurant - The long-running local favorite serves steak, seafood, pasta, sandwiches and more.
1313 W. Lindsey (Norman)
By reservation only
- Luby's - In addition to having a Thanksgiving feast to go option, the casual cafeteria has dine-in service on the holiday as well.
9410 N. May Avenue
Open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mackie McNear's - The casual steakhouse also has burgers, fish, chicken friend steak and kid's menu.
Multiple Metro Locations
Open 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Mary Eddy's Kitchen and Lounge - Located inside the amazing 21c Museum Hotel downtown, Mary Eddy's serves American cuisine in a nice setting.
900 W. Main Street
Open 12-7 p.m.
- Nic's Place Diner & Lounge - Many in Oklahoma City are familiar with the Nic's original joint at 10th and Penn, site of perhaps the best burger in the metro. But many don't know he has a new, larger and nice location near Automobile Alley. Nic's place will have a special Thanksgiving menu.
1116 N. Robinson Avenue
- Park Avenue Grill - Located inside the Skirvin Hotel downtown, Park Avenue Grill offers an upscale dining experience.
1 Park Avenue
- The Pump Bar - Located in a former gas station near Uptown 23rd, the Pump Bar is a good spot for cocktails and pub food but will also serve Thanksgiving turkey this year.
2425 N. Walker Avenue
Open 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- The R&J Lounge and Supper Club - This restaurant with a nostalgic 50's style feel will be serving Thanksgiving favorites as well as its regular menu, which includes entrees such as shrimp and grits, beef stroganoff, chicken fried steak and much more.
320 NW 10th Steet
Open 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Rococo Northpark Mall - Enjoy Northeastern-inspired seafood, steak, pasta and more at Northpark Mall in north OKC. The Penn location will not be opening Thanksgiving.
12252 Northpark Mall
Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (last seating at 3 p.m.)
- Saltgrass Steakhouse - Forgo the turkey and have a steak instead on Thanskgiving.
2747 W. Memorial Road
Open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Vast - The view is spectacular, of course, atop the Devon Energy Center, and the menu features seafood, lamb and steak.
333 W. Sheridan
Open 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.